You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Chinese Democracy/Rock Band 2 (Tracks Leaking?)

buzzsaw wrote:

I just can't handle it.  Maybe I'm too much of a purist to get Finck.  I think dissonance (sp?) is fantastic in small doses, but he uses it so much it makes him sound tone deaf.  There are some really cool things he does in TWAT - some cool chords that I don't think Slash would have ever used (such as the chord right after "lonely teardrops"), but those moments are too few and far between.

Cowboy Buddha
 Rep: 1 

How do you extract the mogg files with Arktool?  Which versions are out there right now? just vocals?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I just can't handle it.  Maybe I'm too much of a purist to get Finck.  I think dissonance (sp?) is fantastic in small doses, but he uses it so much it makes him sound tone deaf.

I thought that about his playing of the AFD songs. While i "get" that he wanted to do it different, and I know the dissonance thing is his style or whatever...on some of those classic rock tracks it was pretty painful.

But I like what he's done with the CD tracks for the most part. I think the combination of him and bucket is pretty interesting. Like in the solo for the song Chinese Democracy - where robin plays those bends that are just crazy sounding and then the song kinda tags in bucket and he comes in with the whammy pedal and some shreddy stuff...and the effect is kinda cool....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Cowboy Buddha wrote:

How do you extract the mogg files with Arktool?  Which versions are out there right now? just vocals?

No versions. The MOGG files haven't been cracked to my knowledge.

These 'leaks' seem to just be someone who played them in RB2, turned the mix WAY down, turned the vocals WAY up, and that's what's out there.

I haven't seen stuff from the MOGG files. If what's out there, is the MOGG stuff, then what a total let down. The music is not even isolated. There's no chance to remix it.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

There is a mogg or whatever it is called for Shacklers Revenge. That's it.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

If/when the tracks eventually leak, I'm looking forward to assembling a cut of Catcher in the Rye - overlay the clear vocal/drum/bass tracks over the Brian May demo version. Reckon it'll be doable?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

drborken
 Rep: 6 

drborken wrote:
russtcb wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

If/when the tracks eventually leak, I'm looking forward to assembling a cut of Catcher in the Rye - overlay the clear vocal/drum/bass tracks over the Brian May demo version. Reckon it'll be doable?

That could be easily done and made to sound good I bet.

im new here (been reading for a while though) but ill give my opinion on this.

it depends what exactly is in the mogg files. if they are split and all the guitars have different tracks it might be doable, but i have a feeling that at least 2 of the guitars are gonna be on the same track, which could complicate things. all the rock band moggs ive seen have:

1. bass/snares
2. cymbols
3. lead guitar
4. bass
5. vocals
6. backing track/stuff that doesnt fit on any of the other tracks

also, if you want to overlay stuff from another track, you might need a source file for that too. as far as im aware, the only version of CITR with Brain May on it isnt amazing quality? isnt it the one with the skips and stuff from years back? it would be majorly difficult, if not impossible, isolating stuff from that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't see any demo remixes happening with the RB2 stuff Doc.

I think what some want to do is use the isolated tracks, to simply turn up the mix on guitars or bass in places, and turn down the rest of the mix.

Maybe also get some just straight instrumentals without vocals.

I don't think anybody is thinking they're going to isolate every single bit of audio from CD. If CD is anything, it's rich. I also think the isolated vocals will feature all of the synth too.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
drborken wrote:

im new here (been reading for a while though)

welcome to the board, i hope you like it smile

Board footer