You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Chinese Democracy/Rock Band 2 (Tracks Leaking?)

buzzsaw wrote:

Man, I thought all the crack smoking was over.  The album is dead and nothing is going to revive it.  This is a last gasp to get some more cash - exactly like a tour would be.  GnR is officially a nostalgia act.  I've been saying it for years, but this album proved it.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Jesus, you're still here?! I thought the whole "GNR is dead" attitude would cease the posting on fan forum gig. But I digress..

You guys didn't buy Rock Band 2 already? I remember when Shacklers was announced to be on the disc, people were pumped to buy the game, then the song leaked before the Olympics, and what, nobody bought it?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

Jesus, you're still here?! I thought the whole "GNR is dead" attitude would cease the posting on fan forum gig. But I digress..

You guys didn't buy Rock Band 2 already? I remember when Shacklers was announced to be on the disc, people were pumped to buy the game, then the song leaked before the Olympics, and what, nobody bought it?

I've probably been a fan since before you were born, so yes, I'm still here and always will be.  Get over it.

No, I didn't buy RB2.  I may buy it someday, but not for SR.  Hard to believe they picked what is universally viewed as one of the worst songs on the album to market it.  Well, in retrospect, it's not really hard to believe at all.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

So this isn't going to be a game in and of itself, like Aerosmith or Metallica Guitar Hero?  It's just downloadable content?  Do I have that right?  You'd have to own the system(s), game already and download the songs?

faldor

faldor wrote:
war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
war wrote:

best buy totally got screwed

14 No shit.

They waited until the deal was about to expire to even attempt any legitimate moves. It was a chess move. They sacrificed two singles and the album's initial buzz to clear the debt and then ride a potential second wind with Rock Band and what's sounding like(and Brain's interview definitely insinuates it) a rerelease with a remix bonus disc of sorts. Hell, I can imagine a scenario where some of those remixes are the actual future singles.

If we start hearing announcements in the coming weeks of things such as appearances on Leno, Letterman, SNL,etc., we could be on the verge of a No Line on the Horizon type promo blitz.

All aboard?

Choo Choo!!

a very good  chess move, don't get me wrong.
do you think gnr would do leno, letterman, snl?

Those are some great thoughts, but let's take it easy here.  I can't really see them doing a U2 like promotion attack.  I hope I'm wrong though.

faldor wrote:

You'd have to own the system(s), game already and download the songs?

Yes.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:
faldor wrote:

You'd have to own the system(s), game already and download the songs?

Yes.

Looks like I have to make some new friends then.

Easier then buying it all myself.  I'll gladly pay for the songs.

faldor

faldor wrote:
war wrote:

best buy totally got screwed

It certainly seems that way.  And that doesn't make much sense if you reference that interview with Axl where he said he was real pleased with Best Buy's involvement and his grudge was with Universal.  Maybe he was just pleased in a business sense that they recouped all the debt.  Whatever happened to the video that Best Buy asked for and GNR agreed to?  Will we get it a week before the exclusive ends?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

All aboard?

Choo Choo!!

trainwreck2.jpg

j/k, I'm with buzz though, RB is nothing for this album except a few buys. It'd be like "CD released to iTunes!!!"  Wouldn't do very much.

Board footer