You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Chinese Democracy/Rock Band 2 (Tracks Leaking?)

Olorin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

TWAT is one of the best songs GN'R has ever recorded.

Ha! Good one. 14

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

These are pretty damn cool though.

This I Love in particular sounds awesome and its nice to hear the outro of Catcher without the guitar noodling.

robin67
 Rep: 7 

robin67 wrote:

i'd like a pm please

Sky Dog wrote:

I wouldn't mind hearing some of this either...

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Page 20.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Some of them sounds cool, some doesnt sound well at all. Catcher sounds good though

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

This I Love is soooooo beautiful without the solo, I wonder if its really about an ex or his mother? I know it was started years ago but that could have been just the piano and melodies, it could be about his mother after she died.

Its not that robins solo is bad, I just never thought it done the song justice. Hearing this version makes me believe no solo was needed at all from anyone, the strings and flutes through the bridge are absolutely fantastic. But they are indistinguishable in the album version because of the solo, its such a waste because they are so much more emotional than the solo.

Sky Dog wrote:

the catcher outro is great....Brain's drumming is killer and Axl's vocal is perfect. Brain is killing on Prostitute as well. This album would have been so much better with just one to two guitar tracks on each song.

AtariLegend wrote:

A pity despite all of this, we still can't tell what parts Paul Tobias is playing.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The TIL solo...

I wish BH would have listened to the symphony sounds and taken it from there. Robins solo is good, but it feels misplaced after listening to the symphony sounds. I admit that.  Imagine how that would have sounded if Bucket could have made a solo based on the symphony sounds in the songs. It would have been better than the TWAT solo.

In TWAT, the whole BH solo creates the song. Without it, it's just half of what it is. The song without the guitar shows that clearly.

Board footer