You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Whazup
 Rep: 6 

Re: Chinese Democracy/Rock Band 2 (Tracks Leaking?)

Whazup wrote:

thanks man!  feel free to spread around the link smile

robin67
 Rep: 7 

robin67 wrote:

thanks, chicken_dinner. this til is the greatest ever. why didn't axl release it this way? should have on the album

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

welcome.

when you sit too long behind the faders, listening to the same thing 500 times (which happens during the recording proces) you think you have to add things to make it more complete....but it just buries things if you dont balance it properly (this album suffers from that). people wont hear its entire spectrum, except you behind your 50,000 bucks worth of audio gear, lulz.

thats what happened with this album. its meant to be listened on very expensive gear to hear it all balanced out and all parts clearly.

but now with the rb2 thing, we can isolate it, seperate it etc and hear it. if i had an xbox360 i would have ripped them the day the game was released, all parts individually so people can mix and master it the way they want.

Sky Dog wrote:

I just boggles my mind that the producers and band couldn't figure this out....

robin67

robin67 wrote:

chicken_dinner, maybe on til they could have had the piano orchestra / robin's solo playing @ the same time? that would have been cool for the album version

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

FINALLY.... now THATS how catcher in the rye was supposed to fucking sound.... sans guitar solo.... but great nontheless....

Furbush

Furbush wrote:
WARose wrote:

i`m seriously blown away by the version of this i love. how is someone able to replace this fantastic work with robin`s half assed solo???

in general, i think that these versions show a lot more of the genius we looked for in chinese democracy. it is there, but it`s a shame you have to look for it that deeply....

ron should`ve stayed out of the picture entirely if you ask me...   and the album should`ve been mixed by someone who knew what he does. i bet i`m not the only one here, who cringes, thinking about the lost potential this album shows..... it`s sad really. this strengthens my opinion, that CD could easily have been the masterpiece we hoped it`d be....

i need those multitracks!! badly!!!  and i`ll create my personal killer album!!

meee too....
agreed 100%

robin67

robin67 wrote:

chicken_dinner, could you mix robin's solo with what's in its place? i mean, could you combine both versions into 1 masterpiece?

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

robin67 wrote:

chicken_dinner, maybe on til they could have had the piano orchestra / robin's solo playing @ the same time? that would have been cool for the album version

robins solo then had to follow the strings more, the melodies and accents. he doesnt have tio mimmick it note by note, but mingle with it. then you would hear it all as 1 huge epic solo with strings completing it and all would mix very well.

but robin plays way different stuff than the strings so the strings become background noise. so that solo cant be mixed in a proper way in combination with the orchestra. only here and there he follows it and makes you notice for a few seconds.

but without the guitar solo, you can hear how the piano, strings, harp and brass follow each other, like in a conversation and its a perfect match.

i will try something, but it wont sound that good i think. will post tomorrow if it sounds decent.

if i had the mogg files, it would be easy. but working with 192kb/s mp3s wont do.

Furbush

Furbush wrote:

anybody know where SR without the lead fiddle is?

Board footer