You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Where is the Better Video..?

faldor wrote:

What FACTS are we talking about exactly?

I've been saying for awhile, I wouldn't expect to hear much until mid May or so leading up to the end of the Best Buy exclusive, if the 6 month period is true at least.  I would HOPE some things would happen in conjunction with that.  If I walk into Target at the end of May and see Chinese Democracy and there's no plans afoot, THEN I might start to worry.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If you want to be technical, someone claiming to be Axl did the chats.  Nobody knows 100% without a doubt that it was him.  Almost everything is an opinion, but when it's an opinion shared by 99.9% of the earth's population, it becomes accepted as fact.  So by your definition, you are correct.  I just choose to accept the obvious opinion as fact, as do most people.  Usually it's the people grasping for straws that don't.

So let me get this straight...I'm grasping at straws...yet you are the one who claims that the sales data from the offical site of the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry is untrustworthy simply by virture of it being published online, and now your implying that the axl chats are also falsified.

Yes there is some negative stuff with GNR, but your attempt to charactise everything as negative is just as insane as people on HTGTH who attempt to make everything positive IMO. The truth is somewhere in the middle of these polar extremes.

monkeychow wrote:

The truth is somewhere in the middle of these polar extremes.

Exactly.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If you want to be technical, someone claiming to be Axl did the chats.  Nobody knows 100% without a doubt that it was him.  Almost everything is an opinion, but when it's an opinion shared by 99.9% of the earth's population, it becomes accepted as fact.  So by your definition, you are correct.  I just choose to accept the obvious opinion as fact, as do most people.  Usually it's the people grasping for straws that don't.

So let me get this straight...I'm grasping at straws...yet you are the one who claims that the sales data from the offical site of the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry is untrustworthy simply by virture of it being published online, and now your implying that the axl chats are also falsified.

Yes there is some negative stuff with GNR, but your attempt to charactise everything as negative is just as insane as people on HTGTH who attempt to make everything positive IMO. The truth is somewhere in the middle of these polar extremes.

I don't imply, I say.  I didn't say Axl didn't do them, I said if you want to be technical, we don't know it was really him.  How exactly do you know that Axl did the chats?  Because someone told you it was Axl?  I could type up an Axl rant at any time that would appear genuine...all I'd have to do is bash Slash mercilessly.  But that wasn't my point. 

My point is that if you're going to grasp at straws by debating that an opinion accepted by 99.9% of the people isn't as good as a fact, then I can turn around and do the same thing.  Somehow you recognize the rediculousness of my points, yet fail to see your own.

By the way, my questioning of the "facts" from that website had NOTHING to do with the fact that it was posted online.  Go back and re-read what I said.  As was proven in some thread (maybe this one) recently by neemo and someone else, the information out there is contradictory at best and more likely inaccurate.  If that's me "grasping at straws" then I will proudly continue to do so as it is the only logical thing to do.  I mean, when the data contradicts other data, how do you choose which to accept?  It looks like you accept the one that supports your side while I keep seeking the real answer.  Do whatever works for you.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

how do we know you are buzzsaw?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Is it a FACT that 99.9% of people view the negative opinions as FACTS, or is that just an opinion?

We're going in circles here and getting nowhere fast.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

It's an opinion that 99.9% of the people agree with.  tongue

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I don't imply, I say.  I didn't say Axl didn't do them, I said if you want to be technical, we don't know it was really him.  How exactly do you know that Axl did the chats?  Because someone told you it was Axl?  I could type up an Axl rant at any time that would appear genuine...all I'd have to do is bash Slash mercilessly.

Well for one I thought the syntax and style of text was exact to the way he speaks in video and print interviews, but I guess that could be fake by someone very clever.

The thing is if it wasn't axl it would have to be someone operating with Axl's blessing...as the poster also managed to convince Jarmo who is in contact with GNR management that he was axl..and that hasn't been corrected. Somehow given his views on lies in the media I think Axl would tell jarmo to pull the thread if it were fake. Plus it was refrenced on the offical site. So it either has to be axl or at worst someone acting with his authority as his mouthpiece.

buzzsaw wrote:

My point is that if you're going to grasp at straws by debating that an opinion accepted by 99.9%  of the people

What are we talking about exactly when you say that?  I don't deny there's a huge volume of people who want a reunion, or who prefer Slash to robin or anything like that. The only thing I'm denying is the concept that *everything* in GNR land is bad. Plenty of things go wrong all the time. But there are also some positive things.

buzzsaw wrote:

By the way, my questioning of the "facts" from that website had NOTHING to do with the fact that it was posted online.  Go back and re-read what I said.

it was this phrase that confused me then:

buzzsaw wrote:

I could have a website up tomorrow with a fancy name saying whatever I wanted it to say.  I never said you made it up, I said I don't believe it.

I took that to be saying that it's fake - that you could make a fake site in 5 mins. If that's not what you ment then fair enough.  Anyway I accepted that data because it came from an offical site of a respectable organisation...if there is data from an equivilant orginisation that says the CD sold amounts so low that the band could never release a follow up (which was I think what we were discussing at the time but i could be wrong) then I would accept that as well.

I'm not one of those people who wants to make everything positive no matter what. I will call it as I see it. When the band does something fucked I'm happy to say so. But I also think that just as the crap should be told as it is, so when the band does do something positive, it should be given a bit of airtime too, and I think it was neemo who posted earlier in this thread a whole list of things that are positive. That's all i'm trying to say. There is good and bad - but so many people want to see just one or the other.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

A whole list of things that are positive?  I don't care enough to go back and look, but memory says that it was a bunch of things that would be positive.  Since nothing has happened in 5 months other than naming yet another replacement for a replacement, you'll have to forgive me for not identifying with the multitude of other great things that happened and nobody created a thread here about. 

I guess this place is that negative if all these wonderful events happened, yet nobody bothered to create a thread about it.  Can you list off all the great things that actually happened since the release of the record for those of us that missed all those threads?  I'm not talking about the supposed VH tour or the supposed band speaking to the fans stuff, I mean the things that actually happened.  You know...awards, tour dates, interviews, band pictures, tv/radio talk show appearances, etc.  I feel horrible that I missed all of them while I was covered by a shroud of negativity.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

how do we know you are buzzsaw?

I'm not.

Board footer