You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Eddie Trunk: What's Up With Guns N Roses?

buzzsaw wrote:

You do realize that if you, Russ and faldor are the only 3 that would show up, there won't even be a show scheduled, much less one that will actually happen, don't you?

Obviously that's an exaggeration, so don't come back with a bunch of "I'd go" posts.  We know the interest isn't there for CD (at least in the US).  Not we think, we know.  So unless they do 4-5 total shows (one in each region of the country), there isn't going to be enough interest to generate a tour.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

there are lots of peopel on this board that had a show cancelled cuz poor ticket sales

Sky Dog wrote:

this discussion is getting silly....:P

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You do realize that if you, Russ and faldor are the only 3 that would show up, there won't even be a show scheduled, much less one that will actually happen, don't you?

Obviously that's an exaggeration, so don't come back with a bunch of "I'd go" posts.  We know the interest isn't there for CD (at least in the US).  Not we think, we know.  So unless they do 4-5 total shows (one in each region of the country), there isn't going to be enough interest to generate a tour.

NOT TRUE. I'd totally book that show into my basement! 16

I honestly see what you're saying, but I have a question. You're basing those "no one's interested" claims on the possibility of a "CD Only" show right? If so, I sincerely doubt the odds of that even happening.

My point is that people aren't going to stay interested in AFD played by more new guys and there isn't enough interest in CD alone to justify a tour in the US. 

Forget about the fact that there aren't a lot of promoters willing to gamble on Axl after multiple failed tours with a new band every time...that is the least of their (his) problems.

Sky Dog wrote:

Buzz, so any band that sells less than 560,000 records in the US shouldn't tour the US? 14

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I hear 'ya. Guess I should stop directly quoting you, because my original posts were meant in general also. 16

This is another issue with the fuckin' fanbase man, that just boggles the mind. All these goddamn factions, like it's the WWE.

If you're pro-new band, you're a blind Axlite
If you like Slash, you must hate new GN'R, and you're a naysayer
If you simply like the new GN'R, and call them out on bad moves, suddenly your not a real fan.

You know who is to blame for all this? BETA! 14

I'm Axlite Wolfpac

robin67
 Rep: 7 

robin67 wrote:

on deciding whether to promote the album months in advance before the release with a epic video ready for TV with the same hunger he had in the 90's with the illusions release or do nothing..axl took his ball and went home

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

Buzz, so any band that sells less than 560,000 records in the US shouldn't tour the US? 14

Did I say that?  I don't think I did.

You can go on imagining a tour would somehow be successful, but since none have actually been completed successfuly without Slash, I'll take my chances on being right.

Sky Dog wrote:

I'm not imagining anything...I'm makin a joke! As in a funny , Captain Serious...(that was a joke as well).:smile:

Board footer