You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Bumble playing with Lita Ford

faldor wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

If you're feeling like grinning, take a look at Club 645's MySpace page http://www.myspace.com/club645pizzapub1

"THIS FORMER CLUB WAS RUN BY AN ASSHOLE NAMED GUY. THIS PAGE HAS BEEN HIJACKED BY ME, JOAQUIN, TO LET PEOPLE KNOW THE TRUTH. AFTER I BASICALLY SAVED HIS BUSINESS, HE STOLE ALL MY EQUIPMENT. I'E BEEN TRYING TO WORK THINGS OUT WITH HIM FOR MONTHS TO NO AVAIL, SO HERE IS THE FIRST SALVO OF MY ATTACK ON HIM; WHICH WILL ULTIMATELY END WITH ME HAVING HIM ARRESTTED ONCE I FIGURE OUT WHERE HE PAWNED THE SOUND SYSTEM. I USED TO FEEL FOR THE GUY, BUT IN RETROSPECT HE WAS NOTHING BUT A LOW LIFE PIECE OF SHIT WHO CHEATED ON HIS WIFE EVERY CHANCE HE GOT ..."

I can't help but think LA Guns had something to do with that.  The club was just never the same after they played there.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

But to tell you how much GNR ain't what it used to be and that Axl is washed up.  In 06 when I went to see them.  They played in St-John New-Brunswick Canada in an arena that barely holds 10000 people at best.  Now in 91-93, GNR would've never played in St-John New-Brunswick and if they would've it would've been sold out in minutes.  The show was on Nov 21 on a Tuesday night and I bought my tickets on Saturday November 18.   Worst part is, that it the show sold so poorly they were having a special buy one ticket get one free.  I could've gotten floor tickets.  The show drew a decent crowd but question is how many people bought their tix at a 2 for 1.  At the show while Axl's band was playing a portion of the crowd were screaming for Our Lady Peace.  Especially when they played new songs.  That is when I realised that GNR wasn't as big as it used to be and that it'll take a ton of work to take it back to the top.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

LA Guns actually played in a pizza place last year. No joke. People talked about it on Sludge. There were a handful of people in the room, most not even knowing or caring who they were.

I don't care how many dated tracks Axl chooses to release, he'll never be at that level. The guy's one monster hit away from being back on the cover of every music mag and website, and LA Guns isn't.

Yeah...I often think the same....and axl has the talent to do that too...not saying it will happen or anything...but it's also not impossible.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

Read my post above about my experience with GNR live.  It is not impossible but it'll take lots of work.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

I'd love to be able to see GN'R play at a pizza place.
!

I saw Dizzy playing in a pizza place a year or two ago.  Does that count?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

I'll give it to you guys that I was a harsh by comparing Axl to Lita Ford and my sincerest appologies for ruffling your feathers.  But where I still stick to what I said is that the hired Guns are hired by really washed up artists like Ford.  And that makes me think that they MAY not be as good as we make them out to be.  And Axlin I agree that Axl is a legend but nowadays a washed up legend like you said.  And James I hope GNR don't get to the level of playing at pizza places.  Iiiish!

Oh, as for the other guys playing with questionable artists.  I'll give you Lita Ford but I don't consider Tommy playing with Soul Asylum along those lines.  Actually Lita Ford is the only one I can really think of right now you could put in that category.  And in fairness to Lita Ford, she does hold a place in rock history, granted she's not exactly in her prime but she definitely made her mark as a solo artist and in The Runaways.  Richard has played with pop stars, but he's not the first guitarist to do that.  Maybe I'm missing some, but I don't think it's as prevalent as you seem to.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You know what's really sad?

GN'R could play at a Pizza joint in Broken Whistle, Indiana, and there would actually be people on the boards that would truely believe it was the start of a monumental promotion.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

GN'R could play at Pizza joint in Broken Whistle, Indiana, and there would actually be people on the boards that would truely believe it was the start of a monumental promotion.

Hell yeah.

I sometimes wander thru some pages at HTGTH..old stuff...and new.

I'm amazed at how my resurrection category fits sometimes. People in GNR world are nuts. Is it like this with other fanbases? I wouldn't know..the only fanbase I know very well is with a small metal band called TNT and they're not like this...AT ALL.

Even after all this time...some nutcases go with the Axl-saviour ideas. Chinese Democracy selling 20 million copies...amazing stuff.

GNR world is full of religious-GNR-freaks with a twisted worldview. Damn scary if this is anything to go by when it comes to other and more important issues. Politics, religion etc etc. Scares the shit out of me.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Politics is even worse. The idealogs that stick to their ways even if they are sinking in their own rhetoric. Makes GN'R look lightweight.

As as a thought of making GN'R fans not feel as weird.... this is one of the lesser hardcore fan bases. We just THINK we're hardcore. Go hang out around some Star Wars fans or Trekkies.... you'll find out what diehard is all about.

Sports franchises are even worse. L-O-A-D-E-D with "fair weather" "what have you done for me lately" fans. Honest to God, I love sports, but team-sports fans are the ABSOLUTE worst walking the earth. Everybody thinks they're the second coming of Tommy fucking Lasorda as they watch the game from the electronics section at the Wal-Mart they work at.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
faldor wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

I'll give it to you guys that I was a harsh by comparing Axl to Lita Ford and my sincerest appologies for ruffling your feathers.  But where I still stick to what I said is that the hired Guns are hired by really washed up artists like Ford.  And that makes me think that they MAY not be as good as we make them out to be.  And Axlin I agree that Axl is a legend but nowadays a washed up legend like you said.  And James I hope GNR don't get to the level of playing at pizza places.  Iiiish!

Oh, as for the other guys playing with questionable artists.  I'll give you Lita Ford but I don't consider Tommy playing with Soul Asylum along those lines.  Actually Lita Ford is the only one I can really think of right now you could put in that category.  And in fairness to Lita Ford, she does hold a place in rock history, granted she's not exactly in her prime but she definitely made her mark as a solo artist and in The Runaways.  Richard has played with pop stars, but he's not the first guitarist to do that.  Maybe I'm missing some, but I don't think it's as prevalent as you seem to.

I am not questioning Lita's talent here.  All I'm saying is that she is washed up and that nobody cares about her anymore.  Aside from Kiss me deadly and Close my eyes forever with Ozzy can you name me one song from Lita Ford without looking it up?  I can't.  As for Soul Asylum it pains me to say this cause I actually like them, but they are washed up too.   Nobody cares anymore.  Is it an arena tour or a club tour?  If it's a club tour then I'm sorry but you've got a washed up band.  Being washed up don't mean you don't have talent.  It means that for some reason you don't sell records anymore and your shows don't attract large crowds like they used to.  And Axl fits that bill now.  In some markets no but in a lot of markets unfortunately yes (see my post about the 06 tour).  As for the hired Guns.  Finck left for NIN which is a big act (I can't believe I'M about to praise Robin), Freese left for A Perfect Circle and NIN and other bands that have success, Brain seems to be very much in demand so does Bucket.  Fortus aside from Rihanna played for Nena who's a one hit wonder no one cares about.  Dizzy plays clubs with his band. Tommy with Soul Asylum which again correct me if I'm wrong but I wouldn't fall out of my chair if it was a club tour. Bumble with Lita.  DJ with Sixx AM which I'm sorry but Nikki Sixx has never had a successful band outside of Motley (see Brides of Destruction).  As for Frank I'm not sure who he played with before GNR although I heard he played with Paul McCartney which is pretty big, but since 06 who as he played with?  The ones who are good leave for big artists (can't believe I just praised Robin) and those who aren't that good aside from Tommy (Why that guy is not in demand is beyond me) play with Lita, Nena and so forth.  Sad but true.

Board footer