You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: New AIC Album Sept 29

Furbush wrote:

there's another video floating around.. the audio is ten times worse.... for the song "acid bubble"....  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXCU5NJjyy4
i'd post the vid, but it's awful.... i can't even hear the song....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm still curious to know if they're going to incorporate ballads on this one, or do their typical rocker-based albums, with ballad-based EP's to follow.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

when does check my brain come out? i'm dying to hear it.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

when does check my brain come out? i'm dying to hear it.

tylerdurden wrote:

first single "check my brain" to be released august 14th

There ya go.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

It's got potential. I need to hear more.

I'm still listening to the shit out of A Looking In View. I'm half convinced at this point it might be one of their best ever. 9

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

A lot better than I thought it would be.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

The preview sounds fairly cool although not a lot you can tell from it. I hope there are some moments on the album, or even full songs, with just DuVall singing. I love Jerry's voice and the harmonizing is trademark AIC but I'd like the new guy shine a little more than Looking in View or the Check My Brain clip have allowed him to.

Also really hoping for some mostly acoustic tracks. AIC has always done those very well, and while they used to alternate style between albums (Facelift, hard rock, Sap, acoustic, Dirt, hard rock, Jar of Flies, acoustic) I hope this one is like Tripod, with a 'Heaven Beside You' or 'Over Now' type of track thrown in the middle of the heavy rock.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

There are. Here is a song by song report.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/07/22/al … ty-report/

1. Heavy as fuck. AIC is the band every modern hard rock band (Chevelle, Disturbed, etc) tries to be, but aren’t nearly as good.

2. Awesome, heavy, deep groove. “Check My Brain”? Dense vocal harmonies, inflection just like Layne. Depth.

3. Power grooves, bass present throughout.

4. Acoustic. First time you can hear Duvall’s voice upfront without all the layers of guitars and harmonies. Verse sounds like “Keep on Rockin’ in the Free World.” Multi-layer vocal harmony. very ’90s guitar — “Your Decision”?

5. “A Looking in View.” God damn this song is heavy. Track 1-3 were also as heavy as this. This album is slow, groovy. Slow heavy as opposed to fast heavy. Sometimes slow is heavier than fast. Fade out… no one really does fade-outs anymore.

6. Another acoustic song. Is this the Layne song? Kinney bongos. Electric solo great — shoulda been longer.

7. Slowest yet — heavy. Not going for poppy choruses on this record, just good songs and emotion. Part 2 — fastest section on the record yet. Back to part 1. This song is epic. Back to part 2!

8. mid-paced rocker — most like old AIC so far. Duvall’s voice really low, haunting. Pretty sweet chorus. Possible single.

9. Big, slower, but arena-rocky. Major key chorus. Reminds me of “Sea of Sorrow.” Short but fitting solo. Song still kinda slow and plodding (in a good way).

10. Really slow but still loud. Distorted guitars. AIC are the Crowbar of alt-metal/rock. Gigantic sounding guitars on this whole record. Another ace solo – Jerry not a guitar hero, just plays what’s right.

11. Quiet. piano + guitar + vocals. Layne song? melancholy. “Black Gives Way to Blue”? “I Remember You.”

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Interesting stuff there. Good to hear there are slowed down acoustic songs scattered in the album, like Tripod.

Board footer