You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Chinese Democracy (Guitar Tab Book)

johndivney wrote:

CD is in good company w/Duane!

Sky Dog wrote:

Duane was the man...my favorite guitar player of all time.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Hmm...I thought it sucked?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Is that the tab book?

Sky Dog wrote:

sounds like it...not really talking about the quality of the music.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yep for the tab book...i think its more of a testament to the attention to detail from the transcriber's at Hal Leonard than to the music on the album...with that being said they may have interviewed the GnR Guitarists to ensure accuracy on the tabs....that would be a cool question to ask Ron...because shortly afterwards he did come out with a Tab book of his own...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm stilll only just digging into it but it seems good quality to me, lists every guitar solo by player. Better than you're average book. As to the accuracy...not sure cos I can't finger some of that stuff lol wink

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I thought it was for the cover art at first

19285821.jpg

Fookin badass 9

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't get everyone's thing with that artwork or the red star. I still like the bicycle one the best.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Finally got it...pretty damn cool book....its friggin big!

for comparison I also have the GnR anthology book which has 21 songs and clocks in @ 208 pages

Bad Apples, Civil War, Dead Horse, Don't Cry, Estranged, The Garden, Locomotive, Mr. Brownstone, My Michelle, Nightrain, November Rain, Paradise City, Patience, Pretty Tied Up, Rocket Queen, Sweet Child O' Mine, Used To Love Her, Welcome To The Jungle, Yesterdays, You Could Be Mine, You're Crazy

by comparison the CD book has 14 songs (as we all know) and a staggering 232 pages...and includes some tablature of the likes i have never seen before 18 Scraped is Drop D tuning down 1 1/2 steps...wtf the strings would be flopping and better calls for a whammy dive of 4 1/2 steps and some crazy sweep picking

Board footer