You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Is GNR/Motley possible? (No info, I'm just dreaming)

faldor wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

Obviously if it happened, DJ would be the reason.  Without him I'd say there's next to zero chance but with him, it could be a possibility.  I'd love to see it, never gotten around to seeing Motley live.

I just noticed this on wikipedia for what that's worth:

Apparently comments from Vince in 2008:

"it's like if somebody pulls your hair when you're in third grade, are you still going to beat them up? ... I don't think so." He also noted that he had not spoken to Rose in more than 20 years

Opens a doorway to me....make it happen DJ 9 14

First on the DJ being the one to be able to make this happen.  Are you guys serious?  The guy just joined GNR and for all we know he could be gone already.  And even if he's still in I'm pretty sure his influence in GNR is pretty much non existant.  He has done nothing with them except MAYBE rehearse.  DJ is not a factor at all if this were to happen.  As for the war of words between Nikki and Axl.  What Nikki said is really not that bad.  He said CD was great just not a GNR record.  As for what Axl said, I don't know what he said but I'm pretty sure Sixx would ignore that. After all the things that were said between the Crue and Vince Neil when they fired him, and they still took him back.  So it would not be a problem.

DJ's the bridge because he has a relationship with the guys in Motley.  He's the ONLY reason in my opinion that Guns would even ever consider touring with them.  IF he is out, then there's no way they'd do it.  I'm not saying DJ will talk Axl into touring with the Crue, but he's got a better chance than anyone else.

And Axlin08 just because GNR aren't touring doesn't mean things didn't work out with DJ.  That's one of MANY possibilities, if you want to go with that one fine, but don't act like that's the only possible reason.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ I'll call you on that Axlin08!  No way the hold up is due to DJ being gone in my opinion. I could be wrong, but it seems the least likely senario to me.

To gnfnraxl - I guess "make it happen" was overstating it.

I'm not saying he's influential in GNR, but I do also think the Chinese Democracy era GNR is quite incestual as a band, lots of people seem to wind up in GNR or working with GNR after a recomendation of another person connected with the band. Makes sence given Axl doesn't seem to get out too much, why not try out people your friends like. Anyway...i'm just saying....if they like DJ and he works out great, and DJ talks about how cruefest 08 was a great time and that the motley boys are good guys or whatever...to me it's not impossible that Axl might extend an olive branch to them. Then again - it depends on his opinion I guess too - if he actually dislikes Motley's music then it would never happen.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No, it's a contributor... a piece, to the main reason.

It all revolves around the black hole on the mic.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

It's still a big call dude....like without getting to the who's at fault stuff...are you saying when GNR finally tours - be it late this year, 2010, 2011 or whenever the next tour turns out to be.....that you don't think DJ will be in the band? I don't think there's anything to suggest he's gone is there? Other than the wait...which is pretty normal in GNR.

I beleive DJ will be part of the line up when it finally happens. Be fun to see who's right...it's kinda a flip a coin in this band!

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It's still a big call dude....like without getting to the who's at fault stuff...are you saying when GNR finally tours - be it late this year, 2010, 2011 or whenever the next tour turns out to be.....that you don't think DJ will be in the band? I don't think there's anything to suggest he's gone is there? Other than the wait...which is pretty normal in GNR.

I beleive DJ will be part of the line up when it finally happens. Be fun to see who's right...it's kinda a flip a coin in this band!

We're in a another silent era that could last lot longer than the last one we had.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

We're in a another silent era that could last lot longer than the last one we had.

Yeah fair comment. I mean i guess if GNR did nothing until like 2016 then maybe I won't be expecting DJ to show up. I'm just saying right now there isn't really any sign that he's gone. This silent era was going to happen anyway it seems...there was virtual silence at the release of the album - prior to DJ being appointed....so I don't think it's really indicative of an issue with him.

Sky Dog wrote:

it has NOTHING to do with DJ or Bucket or Robin or anyone else.....

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:

it has NOTHING to do with DJ or Bucket or Robin or anyone else.....

I completely agree.  The silent era has nothing to do with anyone except one Axl Rose.  And I agree with Axlin.  DJ is long gone.  Only thing I wonder is if he'll use the GNR name to promote his other ventures.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

This talk of DJ is the problem is bullshit. He can play better than Robin and they managed to do something with him. If DJ as a member wasn't a lock they wouldn't have announced it.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

But why do people think DJ is long gone? There isn't anything to suggest it to me.

Board footer