You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: ok i take it this is official confirmation dj ashba hasnt left gnr...

Axlin16 wrote:

At least when Pisser do shows, and it says "Guns N' Roses drummer Frank Ferrer", it's earned.

He's on the album, and spent two years touring with them as GNR's drummer. He's in the family.

Ashba is nothing at this point. He can't help how he's advertised. But when it says ASHBAMEDIA... that's ALL him baby.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Yeah, I mean I think Mick Mars wore a top hat before Slash?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Seriously guys...we should at least be fair to people...let's face it...when band members say nothing (like most of gnr does) about gnr - we give them a dose of "they don't respect the fans or care about the band".

Meanwhile a ton of people compalin that band members don't appear to show any membership or loyality to the band and are just session musicians. When richard or bumble do their other gigs everyone announces that there is no gnr etc.

So here comes DJ ashba, he does a chat(more than 1/2 the band does) - and gets flamed - and he proudly is displaying his affiliation with GNR both on his website and in the media ads like this one....and all anyone does is shit on him for it.

I'm not saying you have to love him just cos he is in GNR. Myself I did look up his playing and am excited by what he brings back to the band - but i can see some people wont be.

But this rubbish that he isn't a real member just cos we're in a silent period...when we know he's rehearsed with the band, and the band spoke well (bumble) of the results....and when he hinted he might write with GNR in the chat....yet people are saying he's the same as a roadie or fan who goes to the show....come on....you dont have to nutswing...but surely the guy deserves a fucking chance.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

It is a funny picture though, he looks like a child playing dress up big_smile

November Rain
 Rep: 4 

The hat reminds me of British singer Jamiroquai, I don´t find it very slahy.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Seriously guys...we should at least be fair to people...let's face it...when band members say nothing (like most of gnr does) about gnr - we give them a dose of "they don't respect the fans or care about the band".

Meanwhile a ton of people compalin that band members don't appear to show any membership or loyality to the band and are just session musicians. When richard or bumble do their other gigs everyone announces that there is no gnr etc.

So here comes DJ ashba, he does a chat(more than 1/2 the band does) - and gets flamed - and he proudly is displaying his affiliation with GNR both on his website and in the media ads like this one....and all anyone does is shit on him for it.

I'm not saying you have to love him just cos he is in GNR. Myself I did look up his playing and am excited by what he brings back to the band - but i can see some people wont be.

But this rubbish that he isn't a real member just cos we're in a silent period...when we know he's rehearsed with the band, and the band spoke well (bumble) of the results....and when he hinted he might write with GNR in the chat....yet people are saying he's the same as a roadie or fan who goes to the show....come on....you dont have to nutswing...but surely the guy deserves a fucking chance.

He uses the GNR name to promote whatever it is he is doing and yet hasn't played a not with them (officially).  By that I mean a show and or an album.  He uses the GNR name in hopes that he can get a couple more people coming to whatever he does (I don't even know what it is he's promoting).  And if you can't see what's wrong here well....

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
November Rain wrote:

The hat reminds me of British singer Jamiroquai, I don´t find it very slahy.

He can make his hair grow long, curl it and where any hat as far as I'm concerned.  Who cares?  Obviously some care but I don't.  And I do not see it as a Slash thing.  And even if it is.  I mean could be that Slash his a guitarist that inspires him.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

if he's in gnr why can't he use the name to promote himself and/or the band?

i dont see the big deal tbh hmm

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
Neemo wrote:

if he's in gnr why can't he use the name to promote himself and/or the band?

i dont see the big deal tbh hmm

IMO the problem is that he may be "in" GnR, but he hasn't done shit involving GnR but use the name to promote his own self interests.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Isnt it just a picture from his facebook? I know its got his sponsers on it but, correct me if I'm wrong, it probably wont be used anywhere other than his facebook ,myspace and website, or will it?

Mabye joining gnr, rehearsing, recording and being the guy who will be there on tour, and knowing all the guys means he feels comfortable saying he is in gnr.

What has he actually done since joining gnr, outside of gnr? As far as I knew he had vanished off the planet until his appearence on that chat thing.

Board footer