You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: ok i take it this is official confirmation dj ashba hasnt left gnr...

Neemo wrote:
CrashDiet wrote:
Neemo wrote:

if he's in gnr why can't he use the name to promote himself and/or the band?

i dont see the big deal tbh hmm

IMO the problem is that he may be "in" GnR, but he hasn't done shit involving GnR but use the name to promote his own self interests.

well it was one of the few updates we've had from gnr this year was that he was the guitarist...and aparently he rehearsed for a couple months with the intention of touring, it's hardly DJ's fault that the band are inactive...in the meantime the media world keeps turning...you think that if a big company like seymour-duncan has DJ on their roster that they won't use whatever it takes to sell guitar pickups?

hell it doesnt even mention DJ's other projects, Sixx AM and Motley Crue....both which have fared just as well or better than gnr in recent years

again i think you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill...at the time when frank was advertising pisser the album wasnt out yet

Okay. Funny hat.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Poor Slash imitator? I'd say he looks more like a Nikki Sixx/Mick Mars imitator. That hat is something Mick or Nikki would use in an instant. To think it's a Slash thing is...well..dumb.

DCK wrote:

Poor Slash imitator?

People said the same thing about Buckethead's bucket.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
CrashDiet wrote:
Neemo wrote:

if he's in gnr why can't he use the name to promote himself and/or the band?

i dont see the big deal tbh hmm

IMO the problem is that he may be "in" GnR, but he hasn't done shit involving GnR but use the name to promote his own self interests.

well it was one of the few updates we've had from gnr this year was that he was the guitarist...and aparently he rehearsed for a couple months with the intention of touring, it's hardly DJ's fault that the band are inactive...in the meantime the media world keeps turning...you think that if a big company like seymour-duncan has DJ on their roster that they won't use whatever it takes to sell guitar pickups?

hell it doesnt even mention DJ's other projects, Sixx AM and Motley Crue....both which have fared just as well or better than gnr in recent years

again i think you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill...at the time when frank was advertising pisser the album wasnt out yet

Frank was TOURING with them as GNR's drummer. That's the reason it was okay.

If Ashba were to perform one official public show with them, I would seceed my argument.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

But if everythign happened the way it would supposed to this year ashba would currently be touring with gnr....who knows when that ad is from

and monkeys may fly out of my butt too 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

True. If everything were to have happened like it was supposed to the GN'R of 1993 would've trucked on for years.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

My problem with DJ using GNR for publicity is this keeps tarnishing the GNR name.  Although one has to wonder if it cand be tarnished more than it is now.

drborken
 Rep: 6 

drborken wrote:

Thats true, theres nothing to say its a new ad, and theres also nothing to say GnR wont tour or record something with DJ in the future at some point. I didn't post that ad to have a go at DJ or anything, I just thought some people on here might be interested.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

to everybody saying dj is tarnishing the gnr name, there's no gnr name left to tarnish. we are the only ones left thinking gnr still means something and it's not a complete joke of a band. no one cares if someone's promoting themselves as gnr.

Board footer