You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: ok i take it this is official confirmation dj ashba hasnt left gnr...

buzzsaw wrote:
supaplex wrote:

to everybody saying dj is tarnishing the gnr name, there's no gnr name left to tarnish. we are the only ones left thinking gnr still means something and it's not a complete joke of a band. no one cares if someone's promoting themselves as gnr.

Agreed.  The only GnR in the general public's mind died in 1994.  Anything that happens now will not tarnish that at all.  Oddly enough, CD's release ensured this as being the case.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

My problem with DJ using GNR for publicity is this keeps tarnishing the GNR name.  Although one has to wonder if it cand be tarnished more than it is now.

If you are an AFD line up  reunion person I can accept that logic.

But otherwise...

I think part of the problem with this GNR is the lack of normal band activity. If the band put out albums, promoed them, toured them and generally was a normal band - well people would still diss Axl for taking control - but I think it would be seen as less as a freakshow.

To me this is DJ doing what SHOULD be done in a band. He's out there - promoting the band - people see that - some will know him - most probably wont - but they'll see the name GNR and maybe realise there's a new album and whatever else. It's the kind of thing that should have been done by everyone and more on a big scale to push CD.

It's unfortunarte that he doesn't play on CD, but that's just because of the timing, it's not his fault. And it's unfortunate that he doesnt have anything in GNR to push right now...like shows...but that's also not his decision.

But at the end of the day he is the current co-lead guitarist in GNR. He will be the one we see on the next tour, it's possible he will write with the band, and in my mind its good for him to be visable as with the band. Now we just need the band to kick up activity a notch...

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Its so hard to keep up with the lineup, unless you are on the internet signed up to axl roses twitter.  Thats why this will never be a band, only an axl plus guests forever.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

I see Ribfests, Rocklahomas, and state fairs in the future...

Nah...they won't even be that active.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Hey now Rocklahoma is actually a pretty big festival for the States. I'd go if I was closer. For me DJ hasn't proved to be a member of the band just yet. I mean it's not his fault but I need to see the guy on stage with Axl.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Rocklohoma is just an acknowledgement of the death of GN'R as we knew it. Not that we didn't already know.

Wonder what happens when Axl's told he has to OPEN for Poison.

OUCH

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Rocklohoma is just an acknowledgement of the death of GN'R as we knew it. Not that we didn't already know.

Wonder what happens when Axl's told he has to OPEN for Poison.

OUCH

I think we can all sleep easy knowing that will never happen.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I would pay good money to be a fly on the wall, when someone has the guts to ask him. 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer