You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: ok i take it this is official confirmation dj ashba hasnt left gnr...

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

No one will have to ask him. I believe we don't have a tour currently because it was made clear to the whole organization what a commodity gnr ISN'T these days.

Maybe...I dunno though...i mean the album may have done shit numbers for GNR....but it did sell ok worldwide compared to smaller artists that tour successfully.

It's not going to be 1991, but I do believe there is a viable market for GNR shows.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

It's just an ad for some pickups he has already been paid to endorse. After that it's up to the company (in this case Seymour Duncan) to use his endorsement to promote it in whatever way they think is best and if using the GNR name on the ad is the best way then so be it. I mean I'm pretty sure if Axl had a problem with it he'd tell DJ to stop it and it is Axl's band at the end of the day so he can run it how he sees fit.

I have no problem with DJ using the name since he is in the band and compared to some members has already done more for the fans i.e. twitter updates about GN'R, that chat which even though it wasnt for GNR stuff he still accepted GNR questions.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Its quite amusing reading about this latest outrage. What was this DJ guy thinking, he obviously has no right whatsoever to refer to himself as being a member of GNR just because he joined the band. What an arrogant arsehole 4

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

No one will have to ask him. I believe we don't have a tour currently because it was made clear to the whole organization what a commodity gnr ISN'T these days.

Maybe...I dunno though...i mean the album may have done shit numbers for GNR....but it did sell ok worldwide compared to smaller artists that tour successfully.

It's not going to be 1991, but I do believe there is a viable market for GNR shows.

It sold most of the copies in the first 2 weeks and dropped off the face of the earth after that.  There is no market for this brand.  If they released another album tomorrow, it wouldn't even be noticed.  Come on, you're smarter than that.  The only market might be outside of the US, where for whatever reason people seem willing to accept a mock band.  If this GnR ever continues, that is the only market for it, and the market there isn't very big.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Come on, you're smarter than that.  The only market might be outside of the US, where for whatever reason people seem willing to accept a mock band.  If this GnR ever continues, that is the only market for it, and the market there isn't very big.

I wouldn't know about the usa market for tours to be honest, but those warm up shows in NYC were pretty well attended I thought, and the rest of the 06 tour internationally went pretty well.

I'm just saying there's always going to be people who will come to see axl.

He wont be selling places as big as 1991 for sure, but the the idea that he can't play a show of any kind and that's why there isn't any tour seems unlikey to me. Baz was talking about festival offers he had to turn down due to having no band guys this week - if baz turned down 5 offers then I'd say GNR gets offers. As much as i like baz, Axl is a lot more famous.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^ Monkey it only seats 2,500 people and they came from all over

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Oh ok...fair enough. But still...Axl could do a show of some kind anyway...they must get some offers.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

oh no doubt, i was just saying that Hammerstien wasnt a good indicator of the US attendance thats all...there are obvius hot spots, Toronto, New York, LA, but some, like detroit which is a tradition best seller had poor attendance last time around

the Gigs in europe were good, but most of them were also festivals

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The problem with Axl is that 1) album sales were pathetic; 2) the last tour had far more 1/2 filled arenas than full arenas; 3) he has a long history of cancelling individual shows and tours at will; 4) he has a band of replcaements for replacements for replacements; 5) his expectations for what he should make off a tour are more than any promoter is willing to pay for this band; 6) he doesn't do anything to promote his music; 7) he's at the very least unpredicatble emotionally; 8) he absolutely hates the only person that can overcome problems 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 for him.

Board footer