You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: ok i take it this is official confirmation dj ashba hasnt left gnr...

Axlin16 wrote:

Buzz and Russ are right, among others you have also said, it's about business. I personally believe that there are lower-end offers, but the record company isn't playing ball (like Axl said), and it's because they've blacklisted Axl's GN'R. They're sitting back and saying 'reunite or fuck off', and the label is in a position of power now that they can do that. They have the power. And like Buzz said, the man that would DEAL with problems #1-6, is a cancer.

As for international sales... it's the Axl Rose factor. Axl was BIG icon to those people. It was nothing to see posters of Axl sold alongside Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler, Freddie Mercury... among others.

Even still, his 'star' internationally is not as big as it once was. It isn't like new Guns is going to sell out Wembley Stadium or anything, and most of the large turnouts they saw in 2006 in Europe, were due to the fact that they were headlining festivals. The regular GN'R shows such much smaller venues and smaller turnouts.

But they still managed to sell 35,000 tickets and sell out the RDS Arena in Dublin back in 2006.

More than Metallica two days later.

I'm just saying... Things weren't exactly bad in Europe.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

that was a festival though, the tickets may or may not have sold as well no matter who was there, you never can tell with the festival crowd

it was also the last day of the festival

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i'm sure a theatre tour would be very successful, and if all goes well then he would have the opportunity to try arenas...or do mostly theatres and arenas in larger markets, ... if he even wants to tour any more, maybe he'll just become a studio guy and release new albums every few years

Neemo wrote:

that was a festival though

No, it wasn't.

The show at Download in England two days later was.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

sorry my apologies

Neemo wrote:

sorry my apologies

No worries.

I'm sorry if my answers sounded a bit abrupt.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

But they still managed to sell 35,000 tickets and sell out the RDS Arena in Dublin back in 2006.

More than Metallica two days later.

I'm just saying... Things weren't exactly bad in Europe.

Fluke

I'm not saying that to be negative, but it's just like him going on stage on time/early for the Dublin show. Some people think that defeats the argument of the other, and it doesn't.

The large majority saw 'okay' turnouts internationally, but in the states it was indifferent. Half showed up, half didn't.

Which makes sense.

Most GN'R fans were either an Axl fan or a Slash fan. Axl fans showed up, Slash fans didn't.

Board footer