You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: Slash on Axls Remake of Appetite for Destruction for 25th Anniversary

Stepvhen wrote:

This is all from wikipedia and sound suspect especially since the reference for Slashs comment is gnrsource.com

In May of 2009, reports surfaced that Rose had re-recorded 'Appetite For Destruction' with the current GNR lineup, in anticipation of the album's upcoming 25th anniversary. Several critics have denounced the mere suggestion of tampering with 'Appetite' as musical blasphemy and a blatant cash grab, effectively cutting Slash, McKagan, Stradlin and Adler out of future album royalties. In a recent interview, Slash reportedly responded to the rumor with, "Axl remakes Appetite and my lawyers will remake his balls."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axl_Rose#E … _Democracy

JIP
 Rep: 10 

JIP wrote:

that was bad

AtariLegend wrote:

No source, whatsoever.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

It's totally wrong where it says in May 2009 reports surfaced that Rose re-recorded appetite - that was a known fact quite a few years earlier.  Axl had commented in an interview on the fact.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

The 25th Anniversary won't be until 2012.. Although, at the pace Axl works, yeah he should get started on it now..  Aussie's right though, didn't he redo it back with BH in the late 90's or early 00's?  I think a song was rumored for Black Hawk Down.

Regardless, this is total BS.

Appetite For Destruction was re-recorded back in 1999 or earlier with exception of You're Crazy and Anything Goes which were replaced with You Could Be Mine and Patience.

The re-recorded version of Sweet Child O' Mine is featured in the movie Big Daddy while the crowd noises are from a Guns N' Roses show in Paris back in 1992.

Regardless... This is not true.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Well, just in case Axl doesn't think he's destroyed the band name enough, he still has the option of releasing it.  I mean, he's pretty much done everything else he can to alienate fans...why stop now?

He can seal the deal by replacing BH with DJ...that will get rid of the couple BH fans that want to hear it.

buzzsaw wrote:

He can seal the deal by replacing BH with DJ...

That has already been taken care of since Buckethead wasn't in the band back when it was re-recorded.

We'll never get to hear the rest of it anyway. I personally think that it was done for touring purposes and rehearsals.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Wikipedia bastards

AL!VE
 Rep: -1 

AL!VE wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

Appetite For Destruction was re-recorded back in 1999 or earlier with exception of You're Crazy and Anything Goes which were replaced with You Could Be Mine and Patience.

The re-recorded version of Sweet Child O' Mine is featured in the movie Big Daddy while the crowd noises are from a Guns N' Roses show in Paris back in 1992.

Regardless... This is not true.

a '99 version of U Could Be Mine would be sooooooooooooo sweet man

Board footer