You are not logged in. Please register or login.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

Re: Axl Eating His Words? (the song Sorry)

skippy wrote:

I disagree Neemo, he has the unenviable power to make most people hate him.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I thought Axl was immortal because he was a vampire? Thus all the late nights.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

i thought of something the other night and wanted to see if it was ever discussed here. i heard "Get in the Ring" and was reminded that "Sorry" is similar in that it's a big "FU." and then when the lyric "i'm gonna kick your ass!" came on it got me thinking about the lyric from "sorry" ("i'll kick your ass like i said that i would").

i wonder if Axl is referencing that lyric in GITR when he says "....like i said that i would." the message in both songs is similar so it wouldn't shock me if he was in fact referencing that song.

i know some people hate that lyric cause they think it's cheesy. i've always assumed he was talking about a specific incident where he said that, and that it probably wasn't said in a literal sense (but maybe a "i'm gonnna kick everyone's ass with my music" kinda thing).

was this lyric specifically discussed by Axl? or did anyone in these threads discuss it or come up with other ideas?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

"Dexter wrote:

I tried sending this ages ago but apparently it never went through. It was a direct response but now fits others questions on the same subject.
The whole whose it about bit w/songs doesn't work for me that much as in whether a line or whatever was inspired by a particular person or situation doesn't mean that in the end that's what or who the song's about.
I could be working with clay and think of someone or something and somehow that could inspire me to take the work in a different direction at the moment but in the end it could just be a nice vase.
I often wonder where the people who inspired so many songs are now and why it's only important with some songs such as Layla as opposed to others. I'm guessin' a fair # of beautiful love songs or otherwise were inspired by some that the artists and public might consider now or in hindsight to be the opposite of how they are depicted or allegedly represented. 
With Sorry.. like a lot of the material is drawn from a lot of different situations. The main focus on the boards w/the track seems to be either Slash or "the fans" (and the collective of "the fans" is another thing that doesn't work for me) and is much too restrictive or narrow and limits what I feel I intended.
For me it's for anyone talking nonsense at mine and the public's expense and that many of those as well as the public don't know who to believe.
Also where possible I'd like to give people the opportunity to get what they can from the material for a while before clouding that with my inspirations. Of course that's not always avoidable."

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
sandman wrote:

i thought of something the other night and wanted to see if it was ever discussed here. i heard "Get in the Ring" and was reminded that "Sorry" is similar in that it's a big "FU." and then when the lyric "i'm gonna kick your ass!" came on it got me thinking about the lyric from "sorry" ("i'll kick your ass like i said that i would").

i wonder if Axl is referencing that lyric in GITR when he says "....like i said that i would." the message in both songs is similar so it wouldn't shock me if he was in fact referencing that song.

i know some people hate that lyric cause they think it's cheesy. i've always assumed he was talking about a specific incident where he said that, and that it probably wasn't said in a literal sense (but maybe a "i'm gonnna kick everyone's ass with my music" kinda thing).

was this lyric specifically discussed by Axl? or did anyone in these threads discuss it or come up with other ideas?

Could be. Interesting if true. Kinda like how Britney Spears referenced the lyric "My loneliness is killing me" from her song "Hit me Baby One more Time" on her second album in the song "Stronger" with 'My loneliness ain't killing me no more"   16

Why I know that I have no idea 10

johndivney wrote:
Bono wrote:

Could be. Interesting if true. Kinda like how Britney Spears referenced the lyric "My loneliness is killing me" from her song "Hit me Baby One more Time" on her second album in the song "Stronger" with 'My loneliness ain't killing me no more"   16

Why I know that I have no idea 10

lol excellent. scary, but excellent.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer