You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Vince Neil: "Axl Rose Let His Fans Down"

faldor wrote:
copperye wrote:

The Vince Neil statement is very interesting, since Ashba obviously supplied him the information. Three months worth of rehearsals with Ashba (roughly from February/March to May/June), with Axl not to be seen. To Axl's credit, this is not a shocking situation to anyone aside the newcomer; Ax credited Tommy for guiding the band through rehearsals back in Rock in Rio 3, and admitted in the HOB show to have sung his first set with the band no earlier than a few days prior. Axl was probably (or at least, hopefully) around for the auditions, but is known to skip routine rehearsals.

Apparently, Ashba also let out that a tour was scheduled for the summer and then canceled. So far, this is the first time someone within the band has admitted to this, albeit second-handedly. The question remains, why would Ashba in his right mind let out rather confidential issues surrounding the band to anyone outside the band (particularly Ax's well-known long-time opponent, Vince Neil), and why would Neil go out of his way to knowingly put his friend to a touchy situation by spilling the beans and plainly crediting Ashba as his source?

Frank's starting the first day of the rest of his life... I wonder if Ashba's doing the same.

Vince may have just assumed (like we all did) that a tour was imminent since DJ was added to the lineup.  That doesn't necessarily mean a tour was booked, then cancelled.  It could be as simple as Axl telling the guys to get ready for a possible summer tour.  Then things didn't work out, so rehearsals wrapped up in early May. 

Vince may have some valid points since he does have contact with DJ, but I'd hardly consider him the guy to listen to when it comes to GNR.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

i'd consider this letting down my fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdIS7-cy_l4

christ get in shape and hold the notes. nothing is worse then when a singer holds the mic up to the crowd to bail himself out.

that said GNR still has no excuse for how this was handled.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

christ get in shape and hold the notes. nothing is worse then when a singer holds the mic up to the crowd to bail himself out.

I'm sure they have plenty of excuses.  We just don't know what they are right now, and with the way things go in GNR land we may never find out.

Sky Dog wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

good God that is awful.....as for Gnr, who the fuck knows but I don't think Vince is bullshitting (even though he is a complete dork).

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
copperye wrote:

The question remains, why would Ashba in his right mind let out rather confidential issues surrounding the band to anyone outside the band (particularly Ax's well-known long-time opponent, Vince Neil), and why would Neil go out of his way to knowingly put his friend to a touchy situation by spilling the beans and plainly crediting Ashba as his source?

I've been wondering this too.

The actual facts arn't surprising to me, Axl's never been big on rehersals for any of the past tours, and it was obvious from the rehersals that a tour was in the works then for some reason didn't happen. What is surprising is that Vince is basicly shitting on DJ doing this....it surely wouldn't go down well in GNR.

Then again...the Sun is a bit of a "make trouble" magazine, maybe they're pushing it harder than he ment it all to come across. Whatever the case...i still disagree that the fans have given up.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
faldor wrote:

'Vince may have just assumed (like we all did) that a tour was imminent since DJ was added to the lineup.

I might settle for that had Vince not mentioned three months worth of rehearsals. The tour could've been planned and scrapped during that time. A specific reason might've not been given, but the band would've obviously been told a summer tour would not be happening after all.

Furthermore, shows on GNR scale need to be locked down two-three months in advance, since they tend to span through the big cities/festivals. Since the rehearsals were continued up to May, I'd imagine a tour was very much in the works up to that point. Otherwise, they'd be just rehearsing for the hell of it, which doesn't make a whole of sense.

Since no shows were officially announced, I can give you that no contracts may have had been signed, and no advances collected. But itineraries planned and promoters contacted, all the while readying the band simultaneously? Very possible. The itinerary would've been constantly pushed back if Ax would've kept everyone waiting before giving a go-ahead.

Also, I might mention this piece of news from early June:

Axl Rose has been having mood swings. The Guns N’ Roses front man, an admitted manic-depressive, has fired and rehired famed manager Irving Azoff at least three times in the last five weeks, according to a source.

... But Azoff’s rep says that, as of last week, he and Rose are talking again.

Therefore, if true, the Azoff firing spree went down in May, which might just coincide with the time the rehearsals were called off.

Azoff obviously wanted GNR to tour, since touring means big business and Irving's a Ticketmaster shareholder nowadays.

Sky Dog wrote:

it does...there was a tour and it was cancelled. We just don't know the reason.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

His live form may suck ass but did he start the show on time. Did he do the meet n greet, did he release a new album when he said he would and did he do the expected promo and make appearances for the fans. Yes to all of those.

His live form isn't excusbale because it is atrocious and that may let fans down but they're still getting a show and Motley shows are all about the fun which the band still bring. Trying to say Vince Neil is worse to the fans than Axl is delusional.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

nowhere did i say vince neil is worse to fans. i'm just saying if i paid 80 bucks to see something like that i'd feel let down.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I agree with the headline hmm My interest in GNR is at an all time low and whilst it may perk up temporarily for possible new leaks I've learnt to accept that quiet periods are run-of-the-mill for this dysfunctional brand.

Board footer