You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The Wrestling thread

misterID wrote:

Totally disagree. Jericho was a midcarder in WCW when he left and Vince placed him right in the middle of a feud with The Rock and really promoted him when he first entered the company. Y2J was not a sure thing at that point.

And The Shield is the most exciting thing in wrestling next to Punk right now. And you have to give it to the guy, he's busting his old balls trying to get Ryback over. Damien Sandow as had some realy good matches. And Dirk Ziggler is going to be a huge star.

The whole NXT thing is working at building new talent, imo.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Totally disagree. Jericho was a midcarder in WCW when he left and Vince placed him right in the middle of a feud with The Rock and really promoted him when he first entered the company. Y2J was not a sure thing at that point.

I can't fully agree with this. Jericho was  a star burried in WCW. He was a "midcarder" but he really wasn't.  No midcader gets this kind of reaction on his debut yet that's what WCW had him booked as. So stupid on their part. When his name flashes on the screen here he gets a huge pop. WWF fans were pumped to have this guy. So on one hand I agree Vince was smart to push him, yet on the other had I think Jericho was an absolute sure thing. 

misterID wrote:

And The Shield is the most exciting thing in wrestling next to Punk right now. And you have to give it to the guy, he's busting his old balls trying to get Ryback over. Damien Sandow as had some realy good matches. And Dirk Ziggler is going to be a huge star.

The whole NXT thing is working at building new talent, imo.

I agree with this though. The Shield actually has me watching now. Lesnar being back is a good thing. I'm starting to realy like Sheamus, CM Punk is cool but getting a little annoying. Cena still blows, cant stand Ryback, I've always disliked Kane's character but I like Daniel Bryan. Ziggler is a LOT better now that he's gottten rid of that annoying Vickie Guerrero. She's fucking awful and maybe the worst thing WWE has ever had. I literally turn the channel when she comes on but on the flip side there's something about AJ Lee that I really like. Her and Ziggler are a good fit. Of course Jericho is always good but they make him lose all the time so his character is a bit ruined. I mean he lost clean to Punk On RAW this week. Also what's stupid is having Wade Barrett lose clean to Orton. Wade Barret is the fucking IC Champ and they'rebooking him for clean losss to a guy who's not a belt holder and won't be winning Elimination Chamber.... it makes no sense. All they're doing is devalueing the IC belt.

Other than that I find there's a HUGE lack of interesting talent on the roster. they have a handful of it at most and say they don't seem to know what to do with it.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Jericho defintiely had his fans in WCW (I was one of them smile ) but from what I've read of the whole situation, a lot of the big stars did not want Jericho in the WWF, and argued he wouldn't be a star and Vince didn't listen to them. I'll give you one big muscular guess who wanted him buried on the roster 16

Jericho losing clean to Punk is just foreshadowing his heel turn as they're planning a big feud between Y2J and Ryback for WM. And that's just as much his decision as it is Vince's, believe it or not. They were planning on turning Ziggler into a face with Flair as his manager, but nixed the idea, and I think that was smart. He's a great heel.

It's clear they don't know what to do with Wade. They missed a big chance to team him up with Punk and Heyman when they had the chance. That could have been his decision not to get tied down to a "group" but there have been PPVs where he wasn't even involved.

AtariLegend wrote:

Barret was buried by Cena a few years ago along with the rest of Nexus (Otunga/Ryback's first gimmick/Incoming Fandango/Joe Hennig - who's expected to get pushed upon return ect). It took them a while to rebuild Barret as credible. They seem to have a philosophy of wins and losses not counting. That's why Ryback will still get Goldberg chants for quite a while. He's a poor clone who losses when it matters and has never beaten anyone who matters since his gimmick change a year ago.

Jericho turning heel to face Ryback would be a big mistake. He's one of the most over wrestlers in company and I'll guess the New York crowd will boo Ryback over Jericho, just like everyone knows there is no way that crowd pops for Cena if he beats the Rock.

Just curious from the board who else actually watched the Royal Rumble live? That was probably their biggest non Wrestlemania PPV of the PG Era.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Bono wrote:

Also what's stupid is having Wade Barrett lose clean to Orton. Wade Barret is the fucking IC Champ and they'rebooking him for clean losss to a guy who's not a belt holder and won't be winning Elimination Chamber.... it makes no sense. All they're doing is devalueing the IC belt.

Barret losing clean to Orton almost every week is dumb. Really fucking dumb. He got a clean win over him a few weeks back. Anyone remember it? Nah, they didn't make a big deal of it or use it to elevate him, it's just something that happened and got forgotten about.

Also, Orton is definitely a contender for the chamber match. It's been rumoured for months that he's due for a heel turn.

Nice to see you change your mind on some of the talent on the roster. There is talent on the roster, even some of the guys down the card who only appear on Superstars and there is some talent in NXT. The problem is when they bring the talent up they always seem to ruin their push, usually to just put Cena over... again.

misterID

misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Just curious from the board who else actually watched the Royal Rumble live? That was probably their biggest non Wrestlemania PPV of the PG Era.

tbh I totally forgot about it. But I've heard it was really good.

I just don't know how they can justify putting the belt on Cena with the reaction he's going to get, even if the Rock puts him over. But then again, Cena is a major merch seller and I can't think of a bigger name outside Lesnar that could be a big headliner for Rock at WM. And Brock doesn't work a schedule that a champion has to work. Look at the Rock -- And I love Punk's dig at him on RAW after the RR where he said, "let's meet in Chattanooga, I'll be there, or how about Memphis... Oh yeah, you don't do house shows."  16

And I'm really looking forward to seeing Punk Vs Taker.

AtariLegend wrote:

New belt, they finally replaced the awful toy spinner one.

WWE-Championship.jpg

20130218_LARGE_raw_v_newbelt2_L_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=431&q=85

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

THANK YOU.

That ghetto bullshit belt needed to go well before now. Not a bad belt. Better than it was. Hopefully they do not return after The Rock loses it. Also, when did the rock become Champion? He wrestles? Promo for Fast and the Furious is coming soon so I guess not for long.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I saw that tonight and was so hoping they'd bring back the classic wing tipped belt. I thought they were going to the way the Rock was talking. Such a  let down. The spinner belt fucking sucked so I'm glad they got rid of that piece of shit finally. This one is better but it's pretty lack luster. I hate that it's customized with Brama Bulls on the side. Give me a fucking break. Why do that? Customized belts blow ass. It's not the Rock's belt it's the WWE championship belt.

They should've just gone to this. Choose your colour. I believe Ultimate Warrior was the only guy to actually wear the blue, white, yellow & purple(just a toy in the pic) ones

6769698385_7f2ef54559.jpg
Wingedeagle.jpg
WWFCustomClassicWingedEaglePurpleBe.jpg
wwe-belts-9.jpg
04_WWE_Title.jpg

I like the white but I guess the IC belt is white so classic black would work or if they wanted to combine eras they could go with this design but with the Attitude era blue strap. Would look sick.
wwe-belts-10.jpg

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I always thought the custom belts were kinda cool. Stone Cold's was always badass to me.

Board footer