You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Wrestling thread

Axlin16 wrote:

Taker is too busted up. His last match against HHH at Wrestlemania was ALL work on HHH & HBK's part. Taker is beyond out of shape.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Taker would be the guy to "make" Punk. Especially at Mania. Taker is dedicated to the business and understands the golden rule. You always go out on your back. Taker is one of the few guys (HBK) is another who can still make somone.

Taker is defintely a company guy and will do what's right for the business.

I think Cena and Punk went a long way with putting each other over Monday night. They've always had good matches, but that was the best of the feud.

And Taker won't wrestle if he doesn't think he can put on a five star match. That's why he did the house show recently. He does look out of shape, though.

AtariLegend wrote:

WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of William Moody, aka Paul Bearer. Moody made his WWE debut in 1991 as the manager of The Undertaker and went on to become a memorable part of WWE over the course of the next 20 years.

Our deepest condolences go out to Moody’s family, friends and fans.

Source: http://www.wwe.com/inside/paul-bearer-passes-26096670

AtariLegend wrote:

I was just listening to Paul Bearer on PWTorch Livecasts just last week. I'm completely shocked. He sounded fine and was talking about how he thinks WWE should let his friend Undertaker retire. They both wanted to be inducted into the Hall Of Fame together.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of William Moody, aka Paul Bearer. Moody made his WWE debut in 1991 as the manager of The Undertaker and went on to become a memorable part of WWE over the course of the next 20 years.

Our deepest condolences go out to Moody’s family, friends and fans.

Source: http://www.wwe.com/inside/paul-bearer-passes-26096670

Damn, wtf! I remember he as on RAW not too long ago, and I also remember hearing about him losing a shit-ton of weight. What happened?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He didn't look good the last time I saw him. He had years where he was close to death. He was morbidly obese at one time, was unable to move around and had every medical condtion you can associate with morbid obesity.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Yeah, like I said in chat, when I saw him last fall he was still morbidly obese and moving slowly. He was a really great guy, and really seemed to enjoy fostering up and coming talent in the MWF. He and Taker together really came up with a great character setup back in the day.

It was funny listening to him in ring, how he just seamlessly flitted in and out of kayfabe. You could really tell when he was speaking from the heart and when he was fanning cross-promotional feuds. He clearly loved his outfit and the fans.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

RIP Paul Bearer.  Another guy I watched growing up who died.  I really liked  the early Undertaker stuff when he used that semi high pitched voice to cut promos.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

X-Pac was on The Cowhead Show (radio) and said that Paul Bearer's wife died a few years ago, and Paul Bearer had just kinda lost the will to live. Don't know how true it was, but interesting stuff.

RIP Paul. You were apart of THE GREATEST gimmick in the history of pro wrestling imo.

AtariLegend wrote:

Never seen this before, it's hilarious.

Board footer