You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Wrestling thread

AtariLegend wrote:

The thing with the Undertaker matches, doesn't matter if we know the outcome. For the last 6 years at least the Taker match has either been the best or 2nd match on card. There's always 1 spot every year, for just a few seconds that makes it look like the other guy might win. Taker/Punk wasn't just the best match on that card, it was the match with the two most over wrestlers on the card and the one they all wanted to see.

Punk was rumored to maybe win late last year, the idea creative team members supposedly suggested was Punk to hold on to the title then beat Taker to fulfill his respect story line at the time.

Anyway WWE sigh at the minute. The only thing baby face Cena can do to make fans less happy with him, is end the streak.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

So Fandango is over. That was weird.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Pretty decent article about the current state of WWE:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/915 … -stand-him

AtariLegend wrote:

I wonder if Ryback has received the worst push for a main eventer in wrestling history? Unless Cena gets injured, he's going to be losing on PPV for 2-3 months more. Amusing though, this guy might make it to Wrestlemania with a 0-18 record.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If HHH beats Lesner I'm not watching WWE again.

AtariLegend wrote:

I think Lesnar will win, it'll in Triple H's mind make it look like he's doing the right thing for business. Let's not forget though, Triple H won at Wrestlemania in the one that actually mattered in front of 5x PPV audience.

Lesnar's already been harmed.

AtariLegend wrote:

Lesnar won, but surprise Triple H was protected at every turn. To steal something from PWTorch, it basically made Lesnar look like someone who couldn't tie a shoe lace without Heyman.

It's shame, WWE seems to forget that he was an actual bad ass wrestler 10 years ago, not just a UFC celebrity.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Why can't he just be HBK and do the clean job, for Godsakes? You're trying to build up Brock, not turn him into a pussy. He ruined Punk's face push and now he's ruining Brock's heel run. Bullshit.

And it's clear they have no idea where to take The Shield now.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Lesnar won, but surprise Triple H was protected at every turn. To steal something from PWTorch, it basically made Lesnar look like someone who couldn't tie a shoe lace without Heyman.

It's shame, WWE seems to forget that he was an actual bad ass wrestler 10 years ago, not just a UFC celebrity.

Was this match better than the Wrestlemania snoozer from last month?  Half the time the rematches on the Wrestlemania matches end up being better.

I like what HHH has done outside the ring as an exec but fuck I have zero interest in watching him in a main event feud.   It always ends up the same.  Same old shitty promos and same old crappy formula matches.

To be fair I thought they ruined Brock when they brought him in and had Cena beat him (in SuperCena fashion) in that one PPV.

misterID

misterID wrote:

CM Punk's promo was fucking awesome. He owned that fan. I haven't heard the crowd erupt like that since Austin. I think he just set himself up for an incredible run... if the power's that be don't screw it up.

That rant has to get him a fine. That was pure Attitude era... Maybe even beyond. Haven't seen that many censored bleeps ever in the WWE/WWF.

HHH probably gave the worst promo of his career. Goddamn that was terrible.

Board footer