You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Wrestling thread

AtariLegend wrote:

For those that didn't see SummerSlam on Sunday night, Bryan/Cena was really good. It was exactly what you'd expect from putting Bryan in the main event, one of the best matches of the year. Downside is, Triple H heel turn. We know this ends with Bryan jobbing to Triple H, so oh well.

Rumor for the past while has been Triple H in the Wrestlemania main event vs. someone representing Vince for control of WWE (or something similar). There is no way Triple H should ever main event a Wrestlemania ever again, even if Shawn Michaels came out of retirement for it.

Punk though with Lesnar, had the best match of year. It was a classic. There were moments of cliche and predictability, but it didn't matter. Lesnar just showed how great he was/is when not stuck with Triple H's or Goldbergs.

AtariLegend wrote:

So my Survivor Series predictions - this will have the worst buyrate of all time for a big 4 PPV.

Nothing interesting at all, not 1 big match. Not 1 match that really matters and the 2 biggest face's on show are in a random tag team match against midcarders, just because the creative couldn't think of anything else.

AtariLegend wrote:

Well it's over and as with every PPV since SummerSlam, it was entirely skip able. It was pretty just an extended Raw, it even opened with a Triple H promo.

AtariLegend wrote:

For those not watching btw, on a PPV by PPV basis, this has been one of the worst years in WWF(E) since I started watching. Almost every PPV has been a joke. Raw is 3 hours of filler and bad jokes were nothing matters.

Cena got a long term injury, only to show up 2 months later. Every Raw is about Triple H promos. Everything that was cool this year i.e The Shield/Bryan was watered down.

Bryan thing was the worst, they gave him their idea of a push (where Triple H tried to bury him every week on Raw), then wondered why the PPV buyrates were so bad. He beats Cena at SummerSlam, but loses to Orton moments later thanks to Triple H getting the spotlight. He wins at the next PPV, but the decision is reversed the next night (seriously?), then the next PPV main event ends in a no content due to random Big Show interference (WTF?) then finally gets screwed at the PPV after by HBK/HHH.

They told the audience every week not to take him seriously, he's small, he's got a beard, he's avegan, he's a midcarder for life then wonder why the Summerslam buy rate was so bad. Supposedly from that point on they decided he wasn't someone they wanted to push anymore and even during his main event run, pushed Big Show harder. Weak.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, I didn't understand the Big Show push. I love the guy, but he's not a headliner. They (HHH and creative) screwed up Punk's initial face run as champion, but he had a great heel run that should have lasted until WM with the Rock, but he had a really good match with Taker. They have no idea what to do with Bryan, either. Case in point: Bryan and Punk are now a tag team. Blah... Just make HHH champion again already and use him to be the ultimate heel, like NWA Ric Flair 80's prime heel (you know he thinks he's the face and savior of the WWE anyway) and play into his real persona. It could be epic, only because he's a giant douche and fans would really be behind Bryan and/or Punk.

Some things:

There is no set plan for any WM match, which is unheard of this time of year and really shows the disconnect between Creative, HHH and Vince, who is said to be furious there are no clear plans for any storyline. The Shield/Wyatts and Punk & Bryan, whose storylines are being written the day of almost every single RAW, as an example.

They were trying to sign Austin to wrestle HHH at WM, who basically scoffed at the idea and asked for too much money... Again, ridiculousness, everyone wants to see Punk Vs Austin.

They are so desperate for a big pop at WM they're in negotiations to bring back Goldberg for a feud with Ryback, which might actually happen.

Hogan is also in negotiations to be with Cena in some compacity and I'm actually excited about that, that's how bad things are. And Hulk should feud with the "real Americans." Hello???

Again, WWE is desperate to sign Sting. We'll see in January hen he's a FA.

Goldust is still awesome.

Punk is banging AJ Lee in real life. I'm sure this will be an angle soon.

AtariLegend wrote:

Lesnar/Taker is highly likely to happen. Taker/Cena is unlikely if Hogan is there which everyone assumes now. No way they do Cena/Hogan in a singles.

Rock likely won't show up. Austin wrestling again is less likely than ever and I don't think it'll ever happen at this point (he wants too much and they just want to put him in a match vs. Triple H for whatever bizzare fucking reason).

Punk has banged half the female locker room, don't forget Beth Phoenix/Lita ect.

Goldberg I think there's a decent chance he will be there, but it's huge sign of disrespect for them to put him with Ryback (the guy who has one of the worst PPV records in history and gets jobbed often on TV).

I don't think they're desperate to sign Sting, but I think they'll sign Sting this time. Even Stings got to realize what a cluster fuck TNA is at this point and there's nothing left for the guy you got to believe if he doesn't.

AtariLegend wrote:

Next PPV "TLC" the WWE (Orton) and World Heavy Weight Championships (Cena) are to be unified.

I know some people think this would kill WWE, but it would be pretty hysterical right if the PPV ends with Triple H wining instead?

misterID

misterID wrote:

That's what I'm expecting. With Vince getting involved somehow.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'll admit it. I thought the end of last nights RAW was fantastic. And was probably the greatest promo John Cena has ever made. What's great was how terrible it started. A pure train wreck (having Khali and Miz out there with the past "great" champions?). Randy and HHH bombed, they lost the crowd. Cena was being booed mercilessly throughout the night, and seemed really bummed when he got booed off the stage winning is slammy (Bret Hart's reaction to the win was great... if you could read his eyes they said, 'You mean Punk vs Undertaker lost to Cena vs Rock?.... Really?). I thought Cena did a masterful job of turning the crowd around by grabbing Daniel Bryan. It was cheap, funny and clever... After that the crowd totally bought into him. And I loved the fight at the end.  It could set up so many great matches... Punk and HHH - that hate has got to be real. Shawn Michael's and DB... I want to see that match now, and I didn't before. And Cena... Perhaps siding with The Authority... Maybe a cool heel turn?

HHH is a douche. This is his real persona. The fact the guy has had to really attack DB everytime he's mentioned shows it. And I'm sick of him interjecting himself in every hot angle. Why the fuck did they end the show with HIS music? And Cena continuing to label HHH the greatest performer in WWE history??  That better be a storyline, especially with Bret Hart and HBK in the ring at that moment. Punk's reactions were great last night while HHH and Steph were talking. I realy hope this goes somewhere.

AtariLegend wrote:

HHH nothing new. I didn't think Cena promo was all that and I'm still not convinced HBK/Bryan will happen yet (hope I'm wrong).

Punk/HHH at mania is the rumor and yeah, I'm pretty sure they don't like each in real life too. Punk is one of the true, rare stars of this era. He has the ego of a attitude era star and is able to justify it, where as HHH is HHH. Punk can get away with almost anything currently.

Taker/Punk was great yeah, but honestly think Cena/Bryan (which wasn't nominated, since they don't want people to realize Bryan actually beat Cena clean) and more importantly Punk/Lesnar (which wasn't nominated, cause almost every internet fan would voted for it and they needed to get a HHH match in instead) were better.

Board footer