You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The Wrestling thread

misterID wrote:

There was some stuff going on with Randy's estate that made it kind of impossible to induct him into the HOF. His wish was that he wanted his entire family, his father and brother (Leaping Lanny Pofo AKA The Genius) inducted into the hall with him, and the estate rejected the induction when WWE attempted to induct him after his death. I did hear that Lanny has relented and will allow Randy to be inducted in the future but he will not participate.

AtariLegend wrote:

Stephanie/Savage

*Cough*

That said, it's questionable if Randy really did feel that way, maybe he did though. Lanny Pofo in HOF silly or not, there were worse HOF choices over the years.

Really hoping the warrior thanks Triple H for letting him squash all those years ago ;p. (Not likely). Would like to see Sting get in though, but he deserves to be a headliner.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Was it just me or was Batista's comeback terrible? Has he always been that weak cutting a promo? That was horrible.

And I'm betting Warriors HOF speech will be the most rambling, incoherent crap ever known.

AtariLegend wrote:

Heavily rumored Wrestlemania XXX card.

WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton vs. Batista
The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
CM Punk vs. Triple H
Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus

Two things things that can stop that a) Sting signs with WWE, b) They realize that Bryan not wining the Rumble this year is bad.

AtariLegend wrote:

Oh my god. That match will go down in infamy.

So the countdown for the 30th entree begins, which everyone assumes is Bryan and thus loud chants break out. (They'd been chanting for Bryan all night especially during Cena/Orton). Clock reaches zero and Mysterio comes out... lol. The final 10 minutes had the most unified crowd reaction I've seen since Money In the Bank 2011. The crowd shit on it, they boo very loudly and chant no and Bryan non stop. They were pissed, then comes Batista's win. The pop was like Austin winning the title in attitude era, only with massive boos instead of a cheer. Batista then stood in the ring awkwardly trying to pretend they were cheering him. Just to stress for those that didn't watch, this wasn't typical WWE crowd with John Cena, this was a complete middle finger from the crowd to wwe.

That was an epic fail on WWE's part. They completely rejected the crowd. Not just tonight, this is culmination of months worth of nonsense. Bryan btw had the match of the night in the opening segment, where he lost clean to Bray Wyatt who just moved unto John Cena.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Oh my god. That match will go down in infamy.

So the countdown for the 30th entree begins, which everyone assumes is Bryan and thus loud chants break out. (They'd been chanting for Bryan all night especially during Cena/Orton). Clock reaches zero and Mysterio comes out... lol. The final 10 minutes had the most unified crowd reaction I've seen since Money In the Bank 2011. The crowd shit on it, they boo very loudly and chant no and Bryan non stop. They were pissed, then comes Batista's win. The pop was like Austin winning the title in attitude era, only with massive boos instead of a cheer. Batista then stood in the ring awkwardly trying to pretend they were cheering him. Just to stress for those that didn't watch, this wasn't typical WWE crowd with John Cena, this was a complete middle finger from the crowd to wwe.

That was an epic fail on WWE's part. They completely rejected the crowd. Not just tonight, this is culmination of months worth of nonsense. Bryan btw had the match of the night in the opening segment, where he lost clean to Bray Wyatt who just moved unto John Cena.

Yeah, that was funny when they just started booing Mysterio.  I wonder if WWE could have pulled a last second switch to have Reigns win it instead of Batista.  He had the crowd support and really did more of the work than Batista.  They also wasted CM Punk's long Rumble appearance tonight.

The crowd also booed heavily during the Orton-Cena match and at one point started chanting "We Want Divas"!  This is the second time in a year where a live crowd has basically shit over a Randy Orton match.  Maybe WWE should just stop putting the World Title on him as the ratings nosedive whenever he is champion.  Only hope here is that the Batista-Orton match gets dumped in the middle of the  Wrestlemania XXX Card and doesn't close out the show as the main event.

Only positive things I saw from the Royal Rumble:

Rusev's debut
Roman Reigns performance in the Rumble Match
Bray Wyatt-Daniel Bryan match
Kofi Kingston move/jump into the ring
Kevin Nash suprise entry (this didn't bother me)

misterID

misterID wrote:

Mick Foley asked on Twitter if WWE actually hates its audience and said he's never been so disgusted with a PPV ever 16

Really, they can't deny it anymore. Wrestling has changed. It's not about the huge guys with the "look." That day is over. HHH and Vince need to understand that.

If they're smart, they'll have Orton drop the belt to DB on one of the RAWs and have DB beat Batista at WM. That ain't happening though.

AtariLegend wrote:

I think alot depends on tonight, both the crowd and what they set  up. The only certainty or well the only thing that should be, Orton/Batista can not headline a Wrestlemania. There's no way anyone wants to see that.

So what can they do with Bryan that people will be satisfied with? I don't know, Cena/Bryan II (ain't happening), Bryan/Taker (highly unlikely) and Bryan/Michaels (not a chance). Logic would dictate Bryan/Triple H, but Punk's already got that spot.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Has there ever been a PPV where the set up face was booed this badly, outside of Cena? This has not only been a disaster in handling Bryan, but it's also hurt Batista's return and Orton's title reign.

It appears Sting is out of TNA. I'd love to see Sting vs HBK at WM.

AtariLegend wrote:

Sting/HBK would have been awesome 10 years ago.

You know even if they did push Bryan and give him the title, he's still damaged like Punk was during the Triple H/Nash stuff after the Summer of Punk. Sure he'll get the big pops and be a star, but this is why neither will ever get near Rock/Austin/Hart or whomever pre 2000's in terms of being a draw.

They really fear the times when stars were bigger than the show.

Board footer