You are not logged in. Please register or login.

rhino
 Rep: 1 

Re: Super-Speculative Reunion Thread.

rhino wrote:

First Id like nothing more than to see the original guns get back together (axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven) and live happily ever after. But c'mon , it sounds great in theory but its self destructive in reality. a lot of fans act like little kids who want their divorced parents to get back together. Appetite for destruction was not just an album title it was a true story.

Guys, one thing is obvious even if there was a reunion i think its almost certain it wouldn't last long personality wise these guys have been doomed since 1987 or even before. It's cruel irony at its best...Cant be the best band ever because they are apart but cant stay together to be the best band ever. If it happened you guys would end up more pissed off then ever and there would be no more guns n roses at all in any form ever again. Would you be willing to end guns for what would probably be a 12 month tour that wound end up with 5 guys hating each other mor than ever and maybe even end up killing some of them.

Guns was what it was "the best Fuckin rock n roll band to ever hit a stage". Let that rest in peace.

Guns is now a Kick ass rock n roll band. It will never be the same again but it's sure as hell better than anything else out there now.

As long as Axl keeps rockin I'll be happy.

Sky Dog wrote:

All I want from the old band is a remastered AFD with bonus cuts and a nice booklet. However, most of all, I want the cd with the original cover art as the cover because that painting is perfect for that album. 9

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
rhino wrote:

First Id like nothing more than to see the original guns get back together (axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven) and live happily ever after. But c'mon , it sounds great in theory but its self destructive in reality. a lot of fans act like little kids who want their divorced parents to get back together. Appetite for destruction was not just an album title it was a true story.

Guys, one thing is obvious even if there was a reunion i think its almost certain it wouldn't last long personality wise these guys have been doomed since 1987 or even before. It's cruel irony at its best...Cant be the best band ever because they are apart but cant stay together to be the best band ever. If it happened you guys would end up more pissed off then ever and there would be no more guns n roses at all in any form ever again. Would you be willing to end guns for what would probably be a 12 month tour that wound end up with 5 guys hating each other mor than ever and maybe even end up killing some of them.

Guns was what it was "the best Fuckin rock n roll band to ever hit a stage". Let that rest in peace.

Guns is now a Kick ass rock n roll band. It will never be the same again but it's sure as hell better than anything else out there now.

As long as Axl keeps rockin I'll be happy.

I couldn't agree more.  We got to experience some great stuff, but THAT is gone now.  All parties have moved on and are doing their own things.  I've enjoyed, some, if not all in the process and look forward to whatever we get in the future.

maguire22
 Rep: 11 

maguire22 wrote:

if axl took his braids out his hair would probably frizz all old-style glam...   HollyWood Rose  reunion STARTS NOW!  3  3  3

Seriously guys, have you never quit a job that you really loved for years and the thought of going back makes your flesh CREEP? I have, past is past, loved the old GnR and let them stay in history as the perfect rock n'roll MONSTERS they were, now bring on the nu!! 5

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
maguire22 wrote:

if axl took his braids out his hair would probably frizz all old-style glam...   HollyWood Rose  reunion STARTS NOW!  3  3  3

Seriously guys, have you never quit a job that you really loved for years and the thought of going back makes your flesh CREEP? I have, past is past, loved the old GnR and let them stay in history as the perfect rock n'roll MONSTERS they were, now bring on the nu!! 5

Thats right. Or an old girlfriend and the thought of getting stuck with them again makes you vomit all over your pillow

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I would prefer no GnR to what we have now.  If you were really honest with yourself, you'd acknowledge that we have no GnR as it is.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I would prefer no GnR to what we have now.  If you were really honest with yourself, you'd acknowledge that we have no GnR as it is.

I sadly have to agree with you.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

We haven't had GN'R since 1993.

The fanboy in me says "anything is possible. Look at DLR with VH. Look at The Eagles. Look at Led Zeppelin"

But the realist in me says, Axl called him a CANCER. A cancer. Who is better off removed. That's strong ass words in my world. That's pretty much saying, "I don't ever want to be in the same room again with this fuckin' guy, let alone work with him".

Either way, at this point, if GN'R is resurrected, the only way it should happen is with a reunion concept with at least Axl & Slash involved.

maguire22
 Rep: 11 

maguire22 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You're kidding - I ROCKED my nuts off to Jungle, Brownstone, at Wembley in '06, rocked as hard to paradise City, all them, as I did in Wembley @ 92, and 93 (?) Milton keynes anyway) it's all good, why would I wanto say goodbye when I get gigs like that?

So you got a 1 in 7 chance of them showing up, adds to the fun! 16

I'll be true, I'm not the rockpig lol I once was, Gnr rocked my socks though, Nin (WHO I LOVE) haven't aged performance wise nearly as well, trent just stands and sings now when he was all scary madman stage-dominating before, no we HAVE Gnr, maybe it;s just not the Gnr you knew, loved and expected.

And that's cool, you love something on your terms, got it. cool

But we have Gnr, we just had a quite radicallly good album, aged better than FNM as well imo live, whatever... not trying to bring down other bands for anyone here cuz I looked at the downloads page (what brought this mofo to join lol! 14) and saw good NIN & FNm stuff loaded, so obviously some fellow fans here, just saying, bands age differently.

And some of us move with them, and some of us are left behind/don't want to go where they go, and feel a loss. Both are cool.

(Hope Im not coming across as a pacifist, which I'm not, just... really, music? It's fun, passion, catharsis, rapture - not for beating each other 'bout the head with! 5 )

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer