You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Chinese Democracy II? - The Truth

-D- wrote:

NO NO Fernando called out Mysteron for saying Shackler's was going to be the first single.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

it was in a way....it was the first track the media had access to officially for radio play

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

crashmansion.com was a source? so the venue had it listed? when i checked it wasn't there. I thought about maybe trying to pose as a promoter trying to book a show that day to see if anything was there, but decided against it.

Yeah i dunno...i never checked out those sources...I just reposted from another thread on this board.

I notice this one is still active:

http://www.bbh.com.tw/EN/EventContent.a … D96009778}

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I see Mysteron has now come out and actually said:

They Taiwan date in Dec. and others are being considered.

Monkeychow it's also interesting what you posted earlier in this thread the stuff you copied from the interview Azoff did in March with Rolling Stone where it mentioned some Asian dates at the end of this year including Taiwan. (Taiwan are obviously purshing for independence from China so from a marketing perspective that may be why they were chosen as part of a tour).

What Mysteron says (not that I ever put much credence into what he said though) plus what Azoff has said in print, all seems to fit nicely with what Copperye theorised below:

Here's a conspiracy theory for you folks: Early into the year, Azoff sold Axl the idea of a joint summer stadium tour with Van Halen in the US. If the Live Nation/Ticketmaster merger would've happened on schedule, the new company could've written the rules for the tour from the ground up, and they would've certainly liked to see two of their old-school hard rock flagships out there as a literal tour de force.

By a hindsight, it would've been perfect. The new company would've controlled every single aspect of the tour and could've pulled all the stops to make it big. It would've been a similar feat like Azoff selling CD out to BestBuy and freeing Axl and Universal from the bondage dungeon. With that amount of promotional muscle, they could've rammed the tour down everybody's throat, despite CD sales in the US being what they were.

A new guitarist was hired, Azoff told Axl to get ready take on the road. By May, the momentum was gradually being lost, as the seal of approval on the merger kept dragging. Azoff was simply unable to book the stadium tour as intended without Live Nation under the same roof. Axl got pissed and kept firing him three times in a row. Then the commission report deadline was announced and Azoff called Axl back, saying they'd now know with certainty when the prospects of a US tour would be revealed.

The report will be turned in almost exactly on the one-year anniversary of the CD release. A date in Taiwan has been booked (yet unconfirmed) for November. Could it be that Azoff's plan is now to push GNR out to the foreign markets as the report comes in, at which time he'll start making plans regarding a potential Live Nation/Ticketmaster US tour?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

it was in a way....it was the first track the media had access to officially for radio play

Actually Oh My God was. So they're all liars. 19

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't remember the Shackler thing, D, I just remember the "letter to the fans" Mysteron said would happen because Axl wanted to communicate with the fans directly. Then Fernando jumped him calling him a liar.  I just remember Mysteron being the first to confirm Shackler was a GNR song, but I could have missed this thing.

faldor wrote:

Also, that's an interesting way of looking at the Fernando/Mysteron feud misterID.  Never really thought of it that way, and I don't remember the specifics exactly.  But you may have a point, if those Axl forum chats did occur soon after their little spat.  Maybe Mysteron wasn't too far off after all.  He did apologize after that whole incident though, sort of admitting wrongdoing, didn't he?  Again, I didn't engulf myself with the specifics back then.  It wasn't that high on my priority list.

If I remember right he did apologize because his info was wrong... And then Axl did the chats. 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

but OMG wasnt on the album tongue

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I`d love to hear an OMG with BH all over it.  That track to me seems to be right up his alley, he`d own it

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

but OMG wasnt on the album tongue

Its a hidden track in the United Arab Emirates.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
mickronson wrote:

I`d love to hear an OMG with BH all over it.  That track to me seems to be right up his alley, he`d own it

Yeah me too. I love the lyrics on the first version, a version with pumped up guitars would be pretty interesting.

Board footer