You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Duff On Facebook : Velvet Revolver hired "Sebastian Bach" ...

Axlin16 wrote:

VR fans better hope to God this is bullshit.

If it's true, somewhere Weiland needs to be taken to the hospital. He just broke his funny bone, gut-busting at this.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

I hope to God that VR doesn't turn into Savage Animal. Everything Bach touches musically turns into something that sounds like it should be from 1989.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

VR fans better hope to God this is bullshit.

If it's true, somewhere Weiland needs to be taken to the hospital. He just broke his funny bone, gut-busting at this.

I doubt it Weiland has like 1/100th of the vocal range or power of baz. I wish this were true. But i'm pretty sure it's fake.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Baz can have all the range in the world... he's still a freakin' joke.

I'm not Scott/STP fan by any stretch of the imagination, but he's Layne Staley to Baz's cornball Bruce Dickenson.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I don't see why Baz is a joke....his recent album kicked ass, he's a better front man than 90% of singers, he can sing in a ton of styles from screaming to country to broadway.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Baz is a joke because he can't write.  He never could, and VR needs a strong lyricist.  Baz can sing the hell out of other people's songs, but his writing history is very weak.  I think they should throw him in a band with Robin - now that would be funny.  (There - for all the people that accuse me of bashing Robin out of the blue all the time, I actually did it.)

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Sebastian Bach if he had good song writers and someone to write lyrics for him is fantastic. When he has to write himself he's very uninspiring.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

The writing on angel down was fine to me. And i'm sure with slash and duff we'd see some good stuff. But it's fake anyway...so it's not going to happen.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Baz is a joke because he can't write.  He never could, and VR needs a strong lyricist.  Baz can sing the hell out of other people's songs, but his writing history is very weak.  I think they should throw him in a band with Robin - now that would be funny.  (There - for all the people that accuse me of bashing Robin out of the blue all the time, I actually did it.)

Thank you. My thoughts exactly.

Baz is known for the Skid Row catalog, yet Snake Sabo & Rachel Bolan wrote most of it, specifically the popular songs... lyrics too. Baz didn't start getting really involved until Subhuman Race - must be why that album sucks so hard.

Is Baz better than 90%? Probably... but so is Bret Michaels.

buzzsaw wrote:

(There - for all the people that accuse me of bashing Robin out of the blue all the time, I actually did it.)

Score!

Board footer