You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: DJ Ashba says GNR rehearses again!!

war wrote:

agreed

i actually prefer his performance now
why would i care if he runs during the songs?

there's more craft to his performance now

one of the thins about him now that i really like is the way he moves backwards and side to side while singing and without being able to see where he's going

Sky Dog wrote:

I actually wish he would just sit and play piano....more like Gregg Allman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHhKnc0XZrs

badass

Mikkamakka wrote:

But who cares if he sings well, and in most cases, he's very good.

We do agree with each other sometimes!

johndivney wrote:

i care. greatly as a matter of fact.

axl is far & away my favourite vocalist in rock (rjd or kurt would be a distant 2nd for those keeping score) & his performance over Chinese i find the most exciting and intense vocals since, probably, Appetite. for me his voice is as integral as the guitars or lyrics. frankly, i don't think he's done himself justice in the last few tours. he hasn't even been as 'consistent' s during the Illusions tour.
i don't think his age is an excuse - he can deliver the songs when in the mood, or form or condition, to do so. granted sometimes the problem is that he tries so hard, but if he was better prepared it wouldn't be such a struggle for him.
i mean in that infamous Albany rant he talks of Slash nDuff not being able to take Guns to that 'level', well in my opinion Axl has only succeeded in taking Guns-post-Slash to that level in the studio and intermittently live - he's just too inconsistant a singer lately. (and yes i realise the depth of Axls inconsistency live, but i'm referring specifically to his singing, from song-to-song, night-to-night)

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

They've 'rehearsed' before, and nothing came of it.

Let's all wait and see. We know how GN'R works. It ain't happening until 3 songs into the show.

Axlin08 wrote:

It's a bit different now, though.

And everything doesn't have to be a super conspiracy in GN'R land...

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It's a bit different now, though.

And everything doesn't have to be a super conspiracy in GN'R land...

Amen. I wish it wasn't.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

To me its not really about rehearsing as much as getting the chemistry flowing

Good news anyway

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

If Axl doesnt wanna show up for reharsals, it's down to him. If he comes on stage and does a brilliant job, there's no need to change his ways of doing things.

If he comes on singing off tune and out of breath, I'd say it's time to start changing his approach. Axl knows best how his voice and body works.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl... 'might'... rehearse this time around if there's any significant setlist changes, such as he himself having to get behind the piano for some of CD's songs.

Board footer