You are not logged in. Please register or login.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

Re: GNR Sued For Copying Songs

deadsouth wrote:
-D- wrote:

I still think Axl doesn't want the hassle of being famous anymore. Been there done that now he can just live comfortably with no headaches for the rest of his life.

God Bless him if that is the case.

If that's the case, why didn't he simply end the band in '93??? Instead of playing us like a fiddle for 15 years??

Sky Dog wrote:

that damn Axl! Tool sucks....Axl sucks......everything sucks!!!!!!

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
deadsouth wrote:
-D- wrote:

I still think Axl doesn't want the hassle of being famous anymore. Been there done that now he can just live comfortably with no headaches for the rest of his life.

If that's the case, why didn't he simply end the band in '93??? Instead of playing us like a fiddle for 15 years??

Money. He keeps some form of interest in the GNR brand and he keeps a steady income

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Neemo wrote:

sub bass?

Eigenharp my friend Eigenharp

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

ahh...kinda looks like some crazy modern version of an upright bass 16

vg632x.jpg

seems a pretty fucking bad ass instrument check this shit out

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

This is going to come down to Axl having to pay some guy for four seconds of sound. Plain and simple.

Agreed...but the problem is license/settlemnt negotiations AFTER you've used an unlicensed sample always come off in favour of the copyright holder....they've got a lot more power now than previously.

Say they'd approached the holder and asked for a sample, they could have offered a relatively low sum of cash, as they could have swapped it with thousands of other similar samples.

But given they didn't, and the album's gone on to pay very well, I could see them having to pay out a much more sizable sum of money.

It's amazing the legal team didn't make 100% sure every single sound was cleared before release.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
deadsouth wrote:
-D- wrote:

Money. He keeps some form of interest in the GNR brand and he keeps a steady income

Huh, say again, last I checked the tours and the album were for the most part were  complete  failures, not to mention the reported 14 million dollar tab for cd.  He must have made some good investments, cause I doubt NU gnr has been paying any of his bills.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Well, Im sure he still gets the itch to do shows but he probably doesn't want to go to the level he once was which is why i always laugh at his rant in ALbany I think it is when he talks about the old members "not wanting to take it to this level"

Who would want to take it to that level? 15 years making an album, limited touring etc.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

During lunch today I was playing GNR on my phone. Prostitute, Shackler's and The Blues.. There were several girls around and they said "is that GNR" I said yeah, they said "Doesn't sound like it.

They weren't very impressed.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Slash's fault imo.

Board footer