You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: GNR '95 - The Lost Drummer

war wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:
war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

why he would even go through the trouble of doing it.

Cant say money because he's already rich. Cant say art because he obviously isn't interested in musical output.

Maybe its like madagas said all along....

He's just bat shit crazy.

i diagree with you there

not that he's crazy

but you're reasoning for him doing these things not for art

not all artists make their art for money

they sell their art for money, more specifically

musical output and money , which you have as two reasons, are the same reason in this case IMO

maybe he just wanted to play around with the money he already has lots of and create his art

for himself

he's far less motivated to actually sell it and fine tune and appease the label and the world, etc. etc.

Or maybe Axl was contractually obligated to put out a Guns N' Roses album?

"Do ya think I'm doin' this all for my health?"

he was....................

Axlin08 wrote:

^^

Yep. Somewhere along the line, Axl regained interest in rebooting GN'R and putting out an album. I think he signed the papers, got involved, then regretted it, but at that point, he was committed.

I've thought for a while that's why everything was so half ass from top-to-bottom.

.............but the contract is old and he was only motivated to return to the top back when he was still young and looking to get back at slash. it was after the dust settled with the old band that you could see that comeback becoming less and less important to him. and in '08 we saw how little the album release meant to him.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

^^

Yep. Somewhere along the line, Axl regained interest in rebooting GN'R and putting out an album. I think he signed the papers, got involved, then regretted it, but at that point, he was committed.

I've thought for a while that's why everything was so half ass from top-to-bottom.

agree, he got to far in to it and couldn't get out....the official date of signing himself in to it for good was 5-1-98

"In the other May 1, 1998 amendment, Axl Rose agreed, among other things, to deliver that new studio LP (which was even then long overdue under the Recording Agreement) no later than March 1, 1999 and received a substantial advance from Geffen in return. Hence, although other individuals have joined Axl Rose in performing under the name Guns N' Roses since 1998, Rose is the only principal in the band. "

as soon as he took the advance and committed to an album, he couldn't wriggle out or he would have faced substantial economic hardship due to the costs he had already piled up. Ten years later we finally got it. Best Buy was his golden parachute. Then, he took his ball (and money) and went home. 22

Totally agree. I still don't think those Japanese shows happen. But we'll see... hmm

Sky Dog wrote:

the optimist in me says maybe he will try to start over or maybe he just needs the money. Either way, I do think they will happen. Of course, no real rationale behind my prediction. It's all guess work with Axl at this point. 17

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Wasnt Slash doing his Snakepit thing around then? This was Dizzys roommate, mabye he hung out in the studio cause he was buds with Dizzy and chipped in when they were jamming around. I fail to see any murkyness 14

This was around the Zakk Wylde and Slash era.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
war wrote:

and in '08 we saw how little the album release meant to him.

I'm not sure that's what's happening.

I think we saw how little he cares to "play the game", jump through the hoops of the machine to sell records and generally do anything other than on his own terms.

It might actually be that he was so pissed off with how the release was handled that he went AWOL.

Board footer