You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GNR tour dates in Canada?

Sky Dog wrote:

the start times are ridiculous.....

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:

the start times are ridiculous.....

And I've got a feeling it won't better this tour.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

HTGTH? Completely credible source.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

There were a ton of tickets given away at all of the shows that tour.  None of the information is credible regardless of the source.

emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit wrote:
Naltav wrote:

I don't get why some of you doubt they will play more CD-songs....

During the UYI-tour(s), they played a bunch of songs that wasn't released as singles or considered hits.

I.E: Coma (not often, but they played it)
      So Fine
      Dust N' Bones
      Dead Horse
      Move To The City
      Bad Obsession
      Pretty Tied Up
      Double Talkin' Jive
      You Ain't The First
      (...there's prolly more...)

With that said, if they do stick to the CD-songs they played during '02 and '06-'07, as some have pointed out before, that would still be like doing what every other band in the world do when they tour!

And on topic: very happy for the Canadian fans! Hope you have a blast! I'm sure you will!  smile

Edit: yay, for my first post on this forum!  3

Welcome to the forum.

But I don't think UYI setlists are a good indicator for 2010 for a variety of reasons, too numerous to list.

Sky Dog wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

HTGTH? Completely credible source.

The 2006 NA tour averaged 8400 a night according to Pollstar (as credible as it gets). I remember reading it and posting about it at the time. I would take the time to find it but the argument isn't worth it. 16

emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit wrote:

papered or paid? I believe you, but thats an important distinction.

if the tour hadn't been moderately successful, there wouldn't be dates that promoters were paying for, especially in this economic climate. but there's no way they were drawing over 10k paid.

TSI
 Rep: 2 

TSI wrote:

Don't care what time they start, I'm single, nocturnal and have no kids. And as long as my funds hold out I'm intending to attend, and afterwards get as shitfaced as possible! Isn't anyone else seeing this as a good thing? Not even thinking about what a push this could give the Album, It's a kamikaze run and GNR have always done that well!!:rock:

Sky Dog wrote:

who said they were drawing over 10,000 paid? I have no idea if it was papered or paid. I was looking at gross per night, amount of shows played and average ticket price. The only things that matter. How much did you gross? What were your costs? Did the promoter make money? Did the band make money? Everything else is crap. No promoter in the world books this band unless they are fairly sure they will make money. Live Nation appears to be promoting it so Axl still has some sway.

emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit wrote:

Might have more to do with his ties to Azoff than past grosses...

Board footer