You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season

Neemo wrote:

trade deadline was pretty boring...leafs dumped more crap and picked up more picks and prospects

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Ole! Ole! Ole! Oleee! Oleeee! Oleeee!

Habs on a  five game winning streak kids. Looking good. Can't wait till Cammalleri gets back from his injury.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah Montreal is hot and Ottawa and Buffalo have been cool. The East is much closer than I expected it to be, Habs would need to make up 6 points in their final 12, but Buffalo still has 15 to play.

By my judgment, the top 12 in the West and all but the Leafs in the East still have a chance. Although I'd be very surprised if Carolina or the Islanders made it.

Communist China

Ovechkin gets a 2 game suspension for his hit on Campbell. I do feel bad for Soupy, but that hit wasn't very late, wasn't hard at all, and wasn't right from behind. It wasn't even really a hit, just a push that had some very bad luck follow it up. I don't think it warranted even the game misconduct, much less extra punishment.

Matt Cooke didn't even get suspended.

The NHL really needs to clear up which hits are good versus which aren't this offseason. This sort of thing shouldn't be the headline at such an exciting time of year for hockey.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Ovechkin gets a 2 game suspension for his hit on Campbell. I do feel bad for Soupy, but that hit wasn't very late, wasn't hard at all, and wasn't right from behind. It wasn't even really a hit, just a push that had some very bad luck follow it up. I don't think it warranted even the game misconduct, much less extra punishment.

Matt Cooke didn't even get suspended.

The NHL really needs to clear up which hits are good versus which aren't this offseason. This sort of thing shouldn't be the headline at such an exciting time of year for hockey.

I agree the NHL is fucked and has no consitency. Maxim Lapierre got suspended 4 games just over a  week ago for a similar hit to the Ovechkin one yet Lapierre's was far less devestating and he used far less force. I agree the Ovechkin hit wasn't really much of a hit but more of a push. That exact play happens all the time game in and game out but not all players have cyborg strength like Ovechkin.

Maxim Lapierre getting 4 games was a joke but Ovechkin who's been suspended twice already this season only get 2 games for a same type of hit with greater consequences is an even bigger joke. If Lapierre got 4 Ovechkin should've gotten 6 yet there's a good arguement to be made that neither deserved anything more than 1 game. It clearly spotlights the double standard in the NHL. Then you look at Matt Cooke who is a dirty player and he gets nothing at all for his hit on Savard.  Whatever.  They might as well make you and me, CC the head of disciplinary action in the NHL. We'll do paper, rock, scissors to determine who gets suspended and for how long.

Communist China

I can't get over the fact that Phoenix is a point out of 1st place in the Western conference. Really looking forward to playoffs in a couple of weeks, a lot of teams are good this year that I have just about never seen. Most of what I know about the West comes from watching them in the playoffs or when the Sabres take road trips, meaning I've seen the Coyotes or the Kings about 5 times in 5 years. The Detroit/Pittsburgh game last night was really good, and Detroit looks strong compared to what they were earlier in the season. 1st place in the West isn't getting a bye, unlike in the East - I really don't think Boston or Atlanta could do much damage against the Caps.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

at my work there is me (detroit) and behind me is a guy who is a colorado fan then behind him is a calgary fan...so its pretty heated every day now 16

anyone know how phx attendance is? but yeah its a feel good kinda thing  to see that team actually do something

Communist China

Doing a little research, it's a sad picture. They average 11,296 in attendance this season, which is actually down over 20% from last season, and tickets can be bought for just $25 a piece (which honestly doesn't feel that low but the cheapest tickets for a Sabres game versus a division opponent on a Friday or Saturday is up around $75-$80, and remember Buffalo is a low-income, small market town).

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35858610/ns/sports-nhl/

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnf … x?team=141

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

The court battle really screwed over an already struggling franchise. IMO there's a decent chance they are the Winnipeg Coyotes on opening night 2010.

Communist China

Any Habs fans want to comment on tonight's game? I'm in Virginia these days so I didn't get to see it, but from the scoresheet it looks like a heartbreaker for Montreal.

I DID see Caps/Pens and they turned in another great performance. I don't know how they manage to live up to the hype, but they did. Caps took it in a shootout.

Board footer