You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: 1st listen to CD in awhile...

-D- wrote:

The Blues at RIR 3 one of the top 10 best GNR songs ever.

SOD on CD is just boring and horrible

TIL, solo sucks and ruins the entire mood/feel of the song

CITR... RON GTFO demo was my fave leak... this album version is just brutal.

-D-

-D- wrote:

fuck it, ill do a song by song

ill keep it pithy as possible

1.CD:most improved song from the leaks:Ron's guitar work really fills in the gaps.  still scratched my head when this was the first single as Axl said "we aren't playing the big guns" seeing as first single is usually your top track or at least close to your top track.. i knew the album was doomed when this was announced as the single.  7.5/10

Shackler's: one of my favorite songs on the album. it is my ringtone actually. Love the lyrics and feel of this song. the demons marching out of hell sound during the guitar solo is great. 8.5/10

Better: Loved the leak, the song is just weird on the album, the guitar accented lines during the chorus aren't as prominent or as good.. the Pitman SUpermario Bros Fart sounds during the heaviest part of the album and the best riff on the album kills the kick assness of it.  7/10

SOD: Blues RIR III is a 10/10 this album version is a 6.5/10  just no power and it drags and gets boring. Axl's voice just doesn't work on this like the live intro at rio.

If The World: incredible fucking song and think it should've been a single. sounds like its been famous for decades already. 9/10

TWAT: great song. lyrics are sort of bad though which takes it down a notch. amazing all time great solo by Bucket. 9.5/10

Catcher: Demo a 10/10 this album version is a junked up, cluttered fucking MESS of a song. the intro is insanely bad, bumble plays one of the worst guitar solos/melodies I've ever heard laid down and its an embarrassment how such a fuckin amazing masterpiece got overdone and butchered.  6/10

Scraped: eh what can u say 7/10

Riad 6/10 probably the song I've listened to least

Sorry: Fuckin awesome. had a real great vibe/atmosphere to it and Axl just lets loose. some of the lyrics are embarrassing but overall its awesome with another amazing Bucket solo. 9/10

IRS: hate it 5/10

Madagascar: Favorite song on the album. have been listening and in love with this for 8 years. one of the songs where the added additions made it even better 10/10

This I Love: Axl's part 10/10  Finck solo 2/10  overall its about an 8/10  I always stop it when it gets to the horrible ear piercing shit solo.

Prostitute: Like it, cool lyrics, bit repetitive though... what would Axl of this song think of himself back in the early 90's?  kinda hypocritical on some levels this song is and has given apologists the ultimate bullshit cop out line "Axl doesn't want to prostitute himself dude" STFU please  8.5/10

Overall, if Bucket had just played solos on every song it would've been much improved. Album is just  uneven cause u have masterful musicians in roles on certain songs and less talented ones on others. axl def overthought this album and on SOD and Catcher, ruined what could've been all time great songs.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't know why everyone has such a love affair with that Rio III show. The band was on fire, but Axl's voice was horribly shot and seemed like the voice of a singer that had went unused for 7 years.

-D-

-D- wrote:

I agree but for the Blues it worked perfectly. rest yeah, i agree but the way he did that intro in that high clean voice with the vibrato... just unmatched.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Madagacar was the highlight of the Rio show for me. The Blues is ok but I think it sounded better in 02. Don't understand the love affair with the Catcher demo over the album version either. I love Rons work on the finished version.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

I cleaned my basement over the wekend and I found a CDR labelled "June 18."

I immediately knew what it was (the Antiquiet leaks).

I listened to the CD as I organized all the junk down there and ... that CD kicks ass!

It just sounds so much fatter than the official CD. You can actually hear Tommy's bass, and it doesn't have all the needless Ron and Frank cut-n-paste.

Also, I hate "Shackler's Revenge," "Scraped," "This I Love," and the newer version of "Catcher."

I'm sure I listened to that "June 18" CDR more times than I listened to the official.

Tack-on "Sorry" to the 9-song leak and you'd have a stronger album than what they eventually put out (IMO).

Of course I would have been the first one to complain if they did that, but I digress ...

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Scraped is a joke, Madagascar doesn't belong on the album, it's just so blah. Even Buckethead's "solo" under the MLK quotes is boring, repetitive, and forgettable.

TWAT is the best GnR song since AFD, probably, though. I love the mood of the song, the solo, everything.

And I've never understood the Riad hate. It was my favorite track from the antiquiet leaks, and I think it's the most inventive, original track on the album. Franks drums helped the album version of Better, IMO, and Ron saved the title track from being weak.

Overall, there were things that could have been improved, some songs could definitely used a little self-editing on the part of Axl, and Prostitute definitely needs a real solo -- although the symphony and arrangement of the song are good.

Hopefully Taiwanese Sovereignty features some real radio-friendly hits to give this band some much needed credibility.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I listened to Madgascar again the other day... one of the great recordings of all time STILL. 9

Board footer