You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

buzzsaw wrote:

I believe the only fact I stated was none of the shows were sellouts.  Either prove that they are or admit that you're wrong.  Fuck you if you don't like it...it's not my job to make you happy.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:
war wrote:

ugh all you do is make more work for me

i saw it the first time you wrote it , buzz

I know the shows are not sold out
WE know the shows are not sold out
EVERYBODY knows the shows are not sold out

WE KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW
you haven't enlightened anyone, buzz

atleast that i've noticed

some of us choose not to or do not care

He doesnt care either, and he doesnt care about anything much to do with new gnr. Thats what makes his constant put downs, jibes and negativity so fucking tedious.

But he's just telling it like it is, eh guys? roll

You're right, I don't care.  That's why my posting numbers are way down over the past couple months (meaning I'm not always bitching about anything contrary to popular belief).  That's also why I gave CD a listen for the first time in ages, liked some of it more than I did before, and posted about it.  That's why I complimented Axl's singing in a thread about Slash.  Yep, you got me there.

Wow, no Buzz you got me, I guess your "Ashba is GNR" foam finger is in the post as well?

All your post about giving CD another listen demonstrated was that you, and others like you, were too quick out the starting blocks to condemn the album and that it isnt anywhere near as bad as you have been preaching for an entire year.
It didnt suprise me in the slightest, and although it was cool of you to come clean about it,  dont expect a round of applause, I'm afraid your past record precedes you. Your whole spiel this year has been deriding the album and all things new gnr, and it was irksome to say the least and hard to forget. Its no suprise people think your posts in this thread about ticket sales are just another way to piss on other peoples good time. Your faux outrage and little boy innocent act is rather amusing all the same 1622

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I believe the only fact I stated was none of the shows were sellouts.  Either prove that they are or admit that you're wrong.  Fuck you if you don't like it...it's not my job to make you happy.

It's just that demon life that got you in it's Sway......

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

i call it as i see it. and i got no problem with people stating facts. and i have my issues with this band and how they operate. but still never considered myself "negative."

but stating opinions as fact, and bitching about it just to bitch. that's sad. and it makes me laugh that people waste time on a gnr board to vent.

set lists suck? album sucks? novelty act? these are opinions or statements that cannot be proven. but if coming on this board and stating them over and over and over as fact makes you feel good, do it. but you gotta expect to get called out on it once in a while.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

That's the thing...I don't care who doesn't like me or what I have to say.  I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to get information about GnR...anything else is just a bonus.  Call me on whatever you want, but once you start the shitstorm, don't expect me to let it go.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

If you want to make a valid argument for why GNR shows not being sold out doesn't "say something" (as buzz said) then have at it.

This is not a personal attack against Buzz in particular. But I would like to say something about the "Negativity" overall.

I think what we need is a bit of balance.

The problem with places like HTGTH (in my opinion) is that they spin ANYTHING according to the band politics of the time to be good news, to the point where it's hard for any rational person to hang around there long term. (If you don't agree with this, imagine to youself if Axl and Slash became friends again, do you think the board over there would continue allowing the anti-slash posts it does?)

So this place normally functions as a welcome breath of fresh air, a place where you can still be a fan of the band, but occasionally achnowledge your own perspective on events and situations, where there is some freedom of speach.

I have no problem with people being upset from time to time about negative things, especially in the periods of inactivity, when there's been no tour for years, no comments, no music, the website says something bizzare....by all means...vent some frustration.

I can also understand that GNR has had many players now, and some people form attachments to various players over another, and some people are more satisified than others, with any one line up, yet remain fans of another.

So there is a place for some negativity, but there needs also to be some limits to it, so that you (and others) can enjoy your own life.

Just as in real life. There's a lot of shit things in the world. We're all going to die eventually, there's no way out of that, there's litterally millions of people fighting and starving and so on right now. But if every morning you focus on that, if you contrast every positive event in one's life against that, then you end up depressed, upset, and other people will begin to see you as either ill or just nasty.

A 'realist' can tell you as you are about to eat your candy on christmas morning that a little kid is dying of starvation in africa. He isn't wrong. But what does it add? We already knew about the dying kid.

The band has been silent for ages. Most fans would have prefered more fanfare with the album release and so on. There's been a bit of a drought of information, but there's rain on the horrizion - there's an entire tour being booked, and the band in rehersal and it looks like stuff is warming up to happen again.

It's christmas morning for those of us who enjoy the Chiense Democracy album and are looking forward to seeing this version of GNR live.

So posting about how GNR isn't as big as it was in 1991, and how the shows are not sold out, well it doesn't "say something" to me.

All it says is the obvious facts that everyone knows. At a time when it spoils the fun.

What I think people like Buz are failing to appriciate is that guys like me who are looking forward to seeing Ashba etc arn't fans because we *think* the band is as massive as in thr 1990s, and because we *think* there's never been line up problems, or other strange stuff.

We're fans *despite* those things having happened.

From time to time it's ok to talk about the world's problems, but it's christmas morning at the moment, and I want to open up my present just now 19

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Here's the reason why I got involved; people were calling buzz an asshole instead of arguing their point.

Last I checked, our community here works better than the others because that's not how we do things. We are all pretty intelligent and able to make arguments without resorting to insults.

As far as post counts, I couldn't tell you how many posts any one has. I don't look at it. So I'm not sure exactly what you were getting at with that.

I've got no problem with anyone coming to buzz's defense if they're calling him names. That wasn't what my argument was. At all.

The post count thing... Just take a look back at a few posts, you'll get it 16

Buzz, were you the principle in the Breakfest Club?

j/k

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

No, I was the teacher in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer