You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:

I agree with Buzz. Tickets sales for a band of Guns n' Roses' stature are horrible. Let's face it their peers from back in the day(Motley Crue, Metallica, U2, AC/DC, Bon Jovi,  even Pearl Jam) still sell these venues out in minutes.

actually crue played here (Hamilton Copps Coliseum) in the summer and tickets were available right up til about 2 weeks before the gig

AC/DC, Metallica, U2, Pearl Jam yeah sold out in a matter of minutes (i htink U2 just sold out the rogers centre in like 5 minutes (70,000+ tickets)

PJ and U2 have large followings, Metallica and AC/DC have had recent hit albums with great promos and prompt, lenghty tours supporting the albums...and Met and AC/DC still have orig lineups for the most part

dunno about Bon Jovi, no comment there, but he does have cross genre appeal now

Bono wrote:

This is Neemo's fault.  Honestly Neemo what kind of debate did you intend to create when asking "How are the shows selling this time around?" on a Guns N' Roses  forum?  16

Yeah in hindsight this thread wasnt the best idea i've had 16

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I never understood how one can compare this "Guns N' Roses" sales to that of their peers when this "Guns N' Roses" has no peers.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Well, either it is Guns N' Roses or it isn't.  The name says it is, the music says it is, the ticket says it is, so it must be.  If you're going to be Guns N' Roses, then you have to accept the unfair comparisons that go along with that.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Any band with such a lapse between albums isn't going to have a huge following. Especially when they released only 2 (real) original albums.

The whole theory of GNR being as big as Metallica and U2 is kind of ridiculous, when they were only that big for a few years over a decade ago.

And its hard to take anyone serious when they base all their opinions on just wanting the old lineup to reunite.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Well, either it is Guns N' Roses or it isn't.  The name says it is, the music says it is, the ticket says it is, so it must be.  If you're going to be Guns N' Roses, then you have to accept the unfair comparisons that go along with that.

Two different bands under the same name. In my eyes at least and that is all I care about.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It IS Guns N' Roses.  It's also a different lineup.  Nobody is gonna let any of us forget about that.  It's been well documented that the fanbase has been split apart, just like the band itself.  It's been well documented that there was little to no promo for the album and thus interest for the new band/album hasn't exactly been off the charts.  I'm not sure who made the claim that these shows would sell out in a matter of minutes like U2, Metallica, AC/DC or any of their other "peers". 

My expectations for this band have been tempered quite a bit over time, and with good reason.  So I'm not crying myself to sleep at night because they're not playing stadiums like U2.  It is what it is, and I love the band and the music all the same.  It makes no difference to me if there are 70,000 people joining hands in harmony at each show they play.  If they continue on and I get to see them again, that's all that really matters to me.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

Any band with such a lapse between albums isn't going to have a huge following. Especially when they released only 2 (real) original albums.

The whole theory of GNR being as big as Metallica and U2 is kind of ridiculous, when they were only that big for a few years over a decade ago.

And its hard to take anyone serious when they base all their opinions on just wanting the old lineup to reunite.

Agreed, sometimes I think we all harken back to the glory days and make Guns N' Roses out to be bigger than they ever were.  Now don't get me wrong, I know they were HUGE at their peak.  But that peak didn't last very long.  They had about a 3-5 year run at the top of the industry.  Now that's more than most bands can say, so that's nothing to sneeze at.  But we all know what happened after that.  It's impossible to think a band can stay at the forefront of everyone's mind when they take a decade+ off and were only big for half a decade to begin with.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

And also who the fuck cares? I can give two shits if 70,000 people buy a ticket to see U2 live. I could give two fucks if 54,000 people bought tickets to see this Guns N' Roses. It's about what you like and not what others are doing. I am a fan of music not ticket sales, singles, t-shirts, or bullshit.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

No, I was the teacher in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

n4iiwn.jpg

lmao!!!

karma@ james.

Fantastic.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Boy alot of shit went down since yesterday in this thread.

Sad thing is, Buzz is completely right and simply stating the current situation, and he's an asshole for it.

This whole GN'R tour thing reminds me SOOOO much of early 2006. In early '06, GN'R was dead as fucking hell and buried, the boards were dying, then some shows got announced.

Suddenly the same people that were "fuck Axl this" and "fuck Axl that" turned into "what kind of fruit jelly do you have for your ass", within milliseconds.

2009... we've come no further. The fair weather fans are out in full force. When GN'R doesn't tour, fuck 'em, when the least little bit of a MySpace gets updated, suddenly they cup their balls.

I respect the fuckin' hell out of Buzz, and the reason? Because the guy brings truth to the table, and continues to pound the shit out of it, while everyone else sells out regularly, sans a few of us, that are apparently now "Buzzites".

Buzz, I disagree with you on the quality of CD (I love it), but for the rest... never change. You're right, don't even fuckin' worry about it. 22

Board footer