You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

If he wants to Use His Disillusion, that's his choice.

What are my illusions and disillusions exactly?  I'm choosing to remain positive that GNR is going on tour for what could be a lengthy amount of time.  I'm choosing not to expect the doom and gloom that Baz will suck as an opener and play in front of 50 people, GNR will play the same exact setlist as in 2006 each and every night, the tour will implode after 4 shows and riots will commence, or the tour won't even get off the ground to begin with.

If people want to believe any of those things, more power to them.  Have fun with that.  I'm well aware of the state of the band these days.  I know what's gone on in the past.  Could this be a disaster on the horizon?  Sure, anything with this band has that potential.  But I sure as hell am HOPING for the best.  Not sure what's so delusional about that.  17

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I am an asshole on here sometimes.  No biggie madagas...I don't think I even responded to it.  I don't sugarcoat things and I state my opinions very bluntly...I understand that's going to ruffle feathers occasionally.

I'm actually a pretty easy going guy.  GnR is just something I'm very passionate about and this site allows me to get out some of my frustration without affecting my real life.  It's actually very theraputic.  People that know me outside of here would probably be amazed at some of the things I write.  My job (well, my former job) forces me to be very diplomatic and bite my tongue, so this site allows me to not do that.  It's rarely (if ever anymore) anything personal against whoever I'm trading jabs with and honestly I'm usually having fun with it while it's going on.

I think GnR should open for U2.  tongue

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

for the record, it had nothing to do with Buzz's posts that promted me to post. like i said, stating that tix sales suck is stating a fact (assuming that is true, i haven't checked). so maybe the FACT is that they are not selling out, or selling as well as ACDC.

it's when people bitch about set lists, that haven't occurred yet, or ASSUME they know and understand the goals of Axl, or when they ASSUME what the "nutswingers" and "fair weathered fans" are thinking/feeling, that's when i feel promoted to call people out on their BS.

remember, just because you post it over and over and over, still don't make your BS true. don't fool yourself.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Olorin don't vanish, dude. It really is like a family here. If I fucked off everytime bono told me to I'd never get back on the internet.

buzz, axlin and bono are good guys. Even though they're really, really, really annoying. 16

Sky Dog wrote:

sort of a new Gnr fan's "Axis of Evil"...sometimes you gotta get down in the trenches with them and battle it out! 19

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

Any band with such a lapse between albums isn't going to have a huge following. Especially when they released only 2 (real) original albums.

The whole theory of GNR being as big as Metallica and U2 is kind of ridiculous, when they were only that big for a few years over a decade ago.

And its hard to take anyone serious when they base all their opinions on just wanting the old lineup to reunite.

Agreed, sometimes I think we all harken back to the glory days and make Guns N' Roses out to be bigger than they ever were.  Now don't get me wrong, I know they were HUGE at their peak.  But that peak didn't last very long.  They had about a 3-5 year run at the top of the industry.  Now that's more than most bands can say, so that's nothing to sneeze at.  But we all know what happened after that.  It's impossible to think a band can stay at the forefront of everyone's mind when they take a decade+ off and were only big for half a decade to begin with.

not to stir shit r anything.. but i reckon Guns are a far bigger band than either Metallica or U2!
granted sales figures and, in a general sense, current popularity illustrate this isn't the case. but what Guns have done (and i'm including CD in this) will have left a more profound and lasting impact - when we're long dead n gone (or reborn..) Guns will reside in the elite pantheon of rock n roll. metallica'll & U2 will be down the hall somewhere. U2'll probably be hidden away in some dark corner for being too embarrassing..

my point is.. you dig the sound? what's the big deal about anything else?? sales mean dick. the tunes, the truth, is what we should be judging them on.
but at the same time it is interesting to know how ticket sales are doing..

Sky Dog wrote:

oh boy......

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think madagas was more saying "oh boy" to the fact that mr divney seems to think that GnR are currently a "bigger band" than U2 and Metallica...i mena aside from People on the stage gnr is bigger, but as far as popularity and drawing power...not a snowballs chance...in 91-93...without a doubt...in 2009? not so much

Board footer