You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

-D- wrote:

Truth is, they probably only sold like 8 of those and decided, they'd lose too much money and face going through with it.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I was wondering if it was due to lack of interest that they pulled it.  I mean you don't get to meet ANY of the band for that from what I understood.  Even if you met everyone but Axl it would at least have created some extra value for your dollars.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I mean you don't get to meet ANY of the band for that from what I understood.  Even if you met everyone but Axl it would at least have created some extra value for your dollars.

Yeah i'm not sure if it's different over there, but mostly here packages are an attempt to circumvent the anti-scalping laws.

That is, in my state it's illegal to re-sell a ticket for higher than the face value of the ticket, but what happens is you get these re-sale companies who get A-reserve tickets from promoters, then flog them off at over double the face value (or more) but get away with it because they are selling you a 'package' not just the ticket, and the package usually includes a free drink or two, maybe some kind of memorbillia and often a pre-show 'function' which may have guests from a band, but often just has the actual audience hanging out. Basicly, no one wants the packaged stuff, they're just buying them to get the A-reserve tickets easily.

although in some cases the package includes soemthign cool like a meet and greet.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Ahh ok that makes sense.  Yeah the big business for companies like Azoff's is raping all the premium seats then "packaging" them up (usually with shit stuff) and selling them for a fortune.

Consequently regular fans often find they can't get quality seats whilst you end up with rich stiffs in the front row, who are only going because they think it's cool to say they went to a Guns show or ACDC etc.  I suppose it's a little different when there is just General Admin sections but there are still premium seats etc on the side.

Personally unless there are actual fixed seats in the front rows (not that you usually want to be seated at a GNR concert) then there is not a lot of value in these sort of packages IMO - unless you perhaps have an opportunity to meet the band or something decent.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Truth is, they probably only sold like 8 of those and decided, they'd lose too much money and face going through with it.

I don't know about that, there seemed to be problems with this right out of the gate.  People had trouble getting through days after it was offered.  It's not like they let it hang out there and realized people weren't interested.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

I don't know about that, there seemed to be problems with this right out of the gate.  People had trouble getting through days after it was offered.  It's not like they let it hang out there and realized people weren't interested.

Refresh my memory, what was included?

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

There's been a miscommunication between us and I Love Access regarding the VIP packages for the Canadian tour. Just sit tight while we work it out.

That's the latest, apparently.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

Refresh my memory, what was included?

One G/A ticket with priority access
Backstage tour
Pre-show party
Exclusive Guns N' Roses gift bag
Ultimate Fan souvenir laminate
Crowd-free merchandise shopping
Early hassle-free entrance to venue
Parking

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I hope they do meets and greets or backstage tours and stuff when they come back to Australia. I'd pay for it!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No offense to the other band members, but I only would have a real interest in Axl, Tommy and/or Dizzy in a meet and greet.

Board footer