You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: 2009-10 Chinese Democracy World Tour

Axlin16 wrote:

Only in the GN'R fan world are two consecutive tours with half-full arenas, cancelled shows, and slashed ticket prices spun into a "success".

Why don't we ask PASnow what he thinks about the success of GNR's U.S. tours in the last 10 years...

Sky Dog wrote:

Some shows were very successful.....some like Philly were not! Can't pin that one on venue size or routing issues....pure ol' Axl shenanigans.:haha:

Sky Dog wrote:

I just went back through the 2002 and 2006 tours in the US. In hindsight, I will admit they were not a "success". The 2002 tour was cut short due to the Philly fiasco and even then, their numbers were skewed by very successful Canadian shows. In 2006, too many cancelled gigs. There were multiple individual shows that did very well, but they were sprinkled in with multiple shows that underperformed expectations (even my expectations).

So, I am going to look forward as stated and hope they at least try to do it right this time in the States....not Canada, not Mexico, the good ol' US of A.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Manets wrote:

GUNS N' ROSES OFFICIAL FACEBOOK:

Guns N' Roses announce UK tour:

London, O2 Arena - October 13

Birmingham LG Arena - 17

Manchester MEN Arena - 18
3 hours ago via facebook

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following dates have been rescheduled:

The show originally planned for OCT 13 Zaragoza (Spain) is now to be played October 22 Zaragoza, Spain @ Pabellon Principe Felipe

also

The show originally planned for OCT 14 Barcelona (Spain) is now to be played October 23 Barcelona, Spain @Palau Olimpic Badalona

Guns N' Roses Facebook event page

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Manets wrote:

1st post updated with the Full UK Tour.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Jesus are they ever gonna play the states?

Why play to half empty stadiums? 

Though it would be WONDERFUL to get a Chinese Democracy tour in the states.... since it would be the first CD tour with CD being out in the states. 

Also because only an act of God could stop me from seeing them this time, which is just about what happened last time.

Precious time...
 Rep: 2 

Just booked the O2!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Half-empty stadiums... try half-empty arenas.

The Florida Marlins and Washington Nationals can draw more attendence in a stadium than Axl.

johndivney wrote:

looks 2 me like they want to play multiple london gigs.. if the first one sells out..

Board footer