You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: Re-emergance of Axl Rose

Stepvhen wrote:
mickronson wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
faldor wrote:

Axl sings U2's 'One' as an intro to 'Sweet Child O' Mine,' a song that he wanted GN'R to perform completely on tour.

That would have kicked ten tons of ass.

yeah, and all we get is 10,000 videos of KOHD, and nothing unique like this..it must exist..it must

probably doesn't though. different times back then

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
mickronson wrote:

Where the hell did this guy go
[youtube]kSUVrOwB7yo&feature=related[/youtube]

I've always felt this was fucking awful 16  Bono singin it his way, Axl singing it his own way and neither of them complimenting each other in the least, then you've got The Edge playing it his own way. It's fucking terrible in my opinion. Cool to see them on the same stage but this ranks up there with some fo the worst single song performancs I've ever seen. Shame on all three of them 14

I don't own CD. Never will.  My own personal boycott after the whole 2006 bullshit. From that point on I just decided CD is not somehting I will ever support. Now if a new album came out maybe I'd buy that.  Who knows.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

that sucks but Axl blows Bono out of the fucking water

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Of course he does.

Bono

Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

yeah well I mean Axl is singing it in GN'R rock n' Roll style where as Bono is just kinda playing the part of  folk singer background  vocals. 16  Wouldn't get too carried away with the "Axl blows Bono outta the water comments"  Will be intersting to see how Axl holds his own in 2010.  Bono still does and then some so............

*note it was not me who made it a "vs" topic.  13

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Axl Rose in 2010? The man himself saw it beforehand.

"I like [David Bowie] a lot, yeah. We had a long talk about the business and stuff and I never met anybody so cool and so into it and so whacked out and so sick in my life...

I remember lookin’ over at Slash and going: 'Man, we’re in fucking deep trouble,' and he goes 'Why?', and I go 'Because I got a lot in common with this guy. I mean, I’m pretty sick but this guy’s just fuckin’ ill!'

And Bowie sitting there laughing and talking about, 'One side of me is experimental and the other side of me wants to make something that people can get into, and I don't know fuckin' why! Why am I like this?'

And I’m sitting there thinking, I’ve got twenty more years of... that to look forward to? I’m already like that... twenty more years? What am I gonna do? (laughs)" - Axl, 1990

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Holy shit, I forgot about that article. Karma, so true.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

yeah well I mean Axl is singing it in GN'R rock n' Roll style where as Bono is just kinda playing the part of  folk singer background  vocals. 16  Wouldn't get too carried away with the "Axl blows Bono outta the water comments"  Will be intersting to see how Axl holds his own in 2010.  Bono still does and then some so............

*note it was not me who made it a "vs" topic.  13

Lets be honest here. The only reason U@ are ANY good at all is due to Brian Eno! End Of!

Bono

Bono wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

Lets be honest here. The only reason U@ are ANY good at all is due to Brian Eno! End Of!

Fail!

johndivney wrote:

yea i agree, U2 aren't any good at all.

Board footer