You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Australian Tour Dates Axed

monkeychow wrote:
Horrific wrote:

We will get something bout this soon im sure,unlike uncle Axl n co. VR keeps us upto date with whats going on.

True...although the only time they didn't was just that period of darkness right before the libertad updates started when it seems there were some problems in the band.

Mikkamakka wrote:

Anyway, VR isn't and wasn't the real deal for them and they know it.

I'm interested that you think this, I always felt like it seemed they were very proud of VR in interviews. I mean i'd agree that VR is nothing compared to the GNR/STP achievments, but i'm not sure the band saw it that way. I always felt they realised that GNR would never be toped but were happy to have hit the big time in a smaller way again kinda thing....

sic. wrote:

The cancellation of the Japanese dates certainly made me raise an eyebrow and in that respect, the news about the Aussie dates comes as little surprise.

yeah...i'll be very interested to see if they can appeal the japan visa, and end up playing the japan and aussie shows together again. Would make a lot more economic sence than comming here now and back to japan in 3 months.

sic. wrote:

My condolences to Monkeychow. Cancellations suck.

Thanks!! I'm just glad i was planning on roadtripping it not flying this time. Would have been worse if i'd lost the airfairs.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

So i'm thinking theres a few posssible reasons for the cancel:

1. Face Value - Someone in the band or their immediate families is ill.
2. Economic Reasons Version 1- once the japan shows were cancelled it wasnt profitiable to play 4 smalls shows in Australia.
3. Economic Reasons Version 2 - Poor Ticket Sales, Combined with the Japan visa cancelations made it unporofitiable to play.
4. Poor ticket sales alone - the band had ego issues with it.
5. The band is breaking up due to stress within the friendships/bandships

I'm thinking maybe its #2 with a bit of #1, like maybe someone's wife is sick or something and given it wasn't a $ making tour anymore anyway they figured 'time to pull the plug' and come back when its less stressful.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

If there is I wonder if its scott. It seems in every interview this year he made harsh remarks about the others. Seemed that way anyways.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

This is pretty fucking shit. And although I was nowhere near as excited about seeing them as I was for the GN'R shows earlier this year, I was still looking forward to this next week.

I know some friends that were flying interstate to see them around the country, and they are very pissed about this too.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

my condolences to the aussies here, it really sucks

And i wish i wouolda saw them in toronto when they came by this year now....i may never see them again sad

metallex78 wrote:

This is pretty fucking shit. And although I was nowhere near as excited about seeing them as I was for the GN'R shows earlier this year, I was still looking forward to this next week.

I know some friends that were flying interstate to see them around the country, and they are very pissed about this too.

that sucks for you man sad  sorry

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Anyway, VR isn't and wasn't the real deal for them and they know it.

I'm interested that you think this, I always felt like it seemed they were very proud of VR in interviews. I mean i'd agree that VR is nothing compared to the GNR/STP achievments, but i'm not sure the band saw it that way. I always felt they realised that GNR would never be toped but were happy to have hit the big time in a smaller way again kinda thing....

I agree that they were comfortable with VR's (past) success. It was very far from the GN'R craze, even far from the biggest STP days, but they were one of the biggest bands around. I think it made them forget that Slash and Scott are limitating each other. I like Contraband, but Slash is far below his GN'R or Snakepit performances. When they released Libertad they were still 'content' (how Slash said) doing this VR thing. But the relatively bad/disappointing sales killed the pseudo-harmony in the band. Remember that Slash didn't even take part in the acoustic VR show. I guess they had serious differences and since Libertad wasn't successful enough, they don't wanna continue this, or just wanna have some break to 'rest' the problems, and after like 2 years, they'll decide if there is a chance for a last album.

i know people will take this as my VR bashing, but here is my honest opinion on the problem.

Their egos.   Very talented guys in the band, but they are too worried about stepping on each others toes in order to do something great.

Board footer