You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - April 4, 2010 (Praça da Apoteose)

johndivney wrote:

TiL's different..

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

The setlist isn't bad at all to a one-time goer, but they're playing safe again with the same old, same old... I wonder if they can find any pleasure in doing the exact same setlist every night (now ITW was replaced by TIL). Even the song order is the same. Having any self-respect as a musician, they should be bored of it by now.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

For a band that rehearsed 40 or so songs to play on this tour, the set list sure has settled hasn't it.

Is it more that Axl is taking it easy on his voice with more shows still to play?

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

For a band that rehearsed 40 or so songs to play on this tour, the set list sure has settled hasn't it.

Is it more that Axl is taking it easy on his voice with more shows still to play?

He sings 12 shows than takes a 2 month rest. Doesn't sound impossible to me to play more (I mean different) songs. His voice cannot be that damaged. At least change the order, it's so predictable... roll

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Who cares though? its a good setlist, its not like we are going to every show, and i'd wager to guess that most bands do this...the setlists do vary a bit too...its not a hard and fast same set every show, sometimes 17 songs sometimes up to 20, and order changes slightly here and there

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Who cares though? its a good setlist, its not like we are going to every show, and i'd wager to guess that most bands do this...the setlists do vary a bit too...its not a hard and fast same set every show, sometimes 17 songs sometimes up to 20, and order changes slightly here and there

Exactly. This is what Axl means when he talks about some dumbfuck complaining about the setlist when they don't even go to the shows.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I don't care what Axl thinks about my opinion and I'm sure he doesn't care about mine.

Just having a discussion here.

Just calling it like I see it.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

Dumbfuck? Please. I go to see my favourite artists, and if they play interesting and different shows, I go to see them more than once. I travelled 500 kilometers to see Tori Amos twice in a few days, cause I knew the setlist would be different. In her case, very different. But I don't travel a lot to see again a band, be it Axl Rose, Slash or Nick Cave or whoever, performing the same fuckin' setlist in the same order, with the same interludes.

Not to mention the artistic side of the repeated setlist: it's boring, it's playing safe and smells like a cash grab.

Board footer