You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

Re: Roger Waters Discussion (NEW ATD vinyl coming!)

jonesy wrote:

Wow! Russ, how'd you manage to get to meet Roger? I would have thought he'd be in a bunker or something pre-show!

I'm looking forward to reading your write up.

The Wall, for me, was an album I listened to loads while stoned or on acid when I was 17 & 18 and it's some of the most beautiful, scary, hauntingly powerful music ever. 

I couldn't listen to it for years after because it was like a fearful flashback, just depressing to go through and difficult to dip into. However that was years ago now, and listening to it again a couple of years back, with a clear head and spirit was pretty amazing.

Anyway, enough of my story, Russ, I wanna hear yours !

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jonesy

jonesy wrote:

Awesome, I'll check that out, thanks.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

Russ, you have achieved greatness! big_smile I think this deserves a round of applause.  I..mean...Roger fucking...Waters! One of the true visionaries of rock music. I mean...Pink Floyd...! On the day of the show..that's quite impressive. 11 I just don't know how this thread could get any better! I have no other words for the previous post.

Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

I WILL MAKE THIS SHOW ON JULY 12'TH!!! OH..YES...!!!

Trust me man, I hear ya. I went into shock about 10 minutes after posting those pictures here. It was just amazing, something I've always wanted to do but never thought possible.

SkyDog wrote:

holy shit....I am suprised you got that close. I was looking for a handgun to the back of your head! Awesome.

This is where my job helps out actually. I'm in field marketing and my market is pretty much all of Southeast Detroit. So yesterday I purposely routed my work to include my accounts around Joe Louis Arena. At one point I polled around behind the venue and asked security what the chances of meeting Roger were. Dude told me about when he would be there and said he's usually happy to stop, talk and sign for fans as long as they're not 'eBay people'. So long story short, I waited around til the right time and a dream came true.

D wrote:

Just ordered tickets for Nashville. Strangely enough I got VERY similar seats that I bought for GNR concert. same section, few rows higher but got aisle seats! Cannot wait!

When is your show D? I know the tour is coming to a close soon but I don't know where else they have to stop and when.

Axlin12 wrote:

Hey Russ, Axl called me, told me to tell you...

YOU 'DA MAN! Even he's been aching for that autograph.  x "Mother" = Good sweet jesus.

YOU'RE TELLING ME! 14 I honestly bet I could tell Axl I met Roger Waters and he really would be jealous!

Maybe you could print out a scanned copy of the autograph to give to Axl on the next U.S. tour and use it to meet him and tell him that you'll give to him if you'll release a new song on the internet. 14 Anyways, after that little joke,..that was a great plan and I'm glad it worked, Russ. I would never sell any autograph on Ebay and I feel Roger and every celebrity's pain. I would cherish it and keep it safe because that's just an incredible accomplishment for going to any sort of concert these days. Normally artists or bands don't do alot of  photos and autographs anymore.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

June 191 in Nashville

jonesy

jonesy wrote:

So after reading Russ' original review, I checked on Roger's site. Tour dates go through to 07/21 quebec.

Anyone know if the UK has been done yet, or will get another round?  Kinda kicking myself I hadnt been in here and found out about this sooner, its a show I would love to see, and to take my wife to would be awesome, she loves theatrical performances of any kind.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I could swear I heard Roger or some media gossip say that this is the last run, and he's retiring.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jonesy

jonesy wrote:

Well...thats me gutted. Serve's me right I guess, I remember seeing and reading the Classic Rock mag edition where they did a big section on The Wall and Roger going out with it again. Seem to recall them / or Roger himself mentioning it was a last hurrah so to speak. Oh well. I'll just live with the acid tinged memories of youth and my own wall at the time!

Board footer