You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Roger Waters Discussion (NEW ATD vinyl coming!)

faldor wrote:

http://www.noise11.com/news/roger-water … dium=email

Roger Waters Plans The Wall DVD And New Album

by VVN Music on June 7, 2012

Roger Waters participated in an almost four-hour interview recently on Sirius/XM’s Deep Tracks channel and spoke about future release plans.

First up is a DVD of The Wall tour on which he has concentrated for the last couple of years.

We’ve been filming almost everything as we go along, remorselessly. We filmed for a week when we did shows in Athens and we were filming all over South America, so yeah, there will definitely be a DVD of this whole experience coming up in the near future.

Sometime after that, look for a new solo album from Waters. Even though he said that The Wall tour would be a wrap up to his career, it’s looking much more certain that this would be the end of his live career with recording still very much in his plans.

I’ve got a strong feeling that I have a new album literally about to pop out. I’ve written a song while I was on the road, which I think will provide me with the impetus, emotionally and philosophically and politically to create a new album.

If the album is released, it will be his first full album of new material since 1990′s Amused to Death.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm not saying Axl should retire from live, but I wish he would do this for an extended period of time. Just pump out studio albums and nothing more. Then again I bet Roger Waters is sitting on alot more money to screw around in a studio with than Axl.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Amused To Death is as good or better than ANYTHING in the Pink Floyd cannon. If he puts something out that's anywhere near as good, this planet is in for a treat.

I played the ever loving shit.out of that album and feel.much the.same way. I've been.itching.for.new.stuff from him for.years.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Greatest Show I have ever seen

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

Meh....no David Gilmour, no interest. It takes 3 guitar players to do his parts. They have no soul....a bunch of hacks. The drummer has no swing. They are all just cashing in on prior glory. Just one big cash grab tour after another by Waters. 15

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

well considering Waters WROTE The Wall. I will let it slide.

he is the "Slash" in this case, cause he isn't performing as Pink Floyd but nice try.

Board footer