You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Roger Waters Discussion (NEW ATD vinyl coming!)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Thanks Russ! We got inside the arena venue 45 minutes before the show started at the Verizon Center in DC. We came to rock!!  All I can say is WOW!!!! big_smile Showmanship was great, flying pigs, Audio and visual screens were top notch with amazing visuals, pyro!!!!, Roger singing and playing great!!! soooo...wonderful! 11 Show started around 8, 8:10ish, and ended around 10:45 or 11pm with a 15 minute intermission. Got a $5 poster after the show and my crew got a few things as well. Had some delicious Chinese food before the show and we got drinks afterwards to wait for some of the traffic to calm down before we headed back to our respective homes. My friend got a beer; but I don't think she finished it. One of the best concert experiences I think I will ever have! Previous comments I agree with. It wasn't just a concert, it was a spectacle for the eyes and ears! A true musical experience with powerful imagery! Rock N' Roll at its finest. Totally worth the money I paid. Just had to deal with some bitches and idiots kept getting up or walking around and it got in the way of the performance 17; but for the whole show in general I didn't let it fully get to me. It didn't ruin the show at all. Had a positive mindset and it topped my expectations.  The band was playing top notch sounded like the record, no one was slowing down, and the crew I have to give my props. They were on fire! The guy doing Dave's vocals and guitar solos did him proud in my eyes.  I was singing along to most of the songs and one of my friends owned the album like me; so that was good to hear! If anybody else hasn't gone yet or even hasn't listened to The Wall like one of my friends in the party...GO SEE IT!!! YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!! AT ALL!!! Lastly, I want to thank the friends that went with me for the adventure and to thank some of the awesome people I've in this community that have inspired me to take a chance!  NUFF SAID! GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY! cool

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Thanks dude! I needed that experience!!! I was able to take a few photos; but most of them didn't come out at well. Oh well. Totally worth it! I'm in a great mood! 9 big_smile

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Hell yeah!!

That airplane crashing and exploding into the Wall! HOLY SHIT

Agree on dipshit fans showing up late and crossing in front and constantly leaving etc..

I was getting pissed.

I had the Aisle seat so I eventually just got up and stood the rest of the show by the  railing and it was a great decision as i didn't have to put up with people constantly coming in and out.

Me_Wise_Magic

Yeah I was considering doing that. Especially when I saw the Foo Fighters with other bands at the same venue. Overall..IT WAS EPIC!!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Hell yeah!!

That airplane crashing and exploding into the Wall! HOLY SHIT

Agree on dipshit fans showing up late and crossing in front and constantly leaving etc..

I was getting pissed.

I had the Aisle seat so I eventually just got up and stood the rest of the show by the  railing and it was a great decision as i didn't have to put up with people constantly coming in and out.

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this, but somehow I MISSED the FREAKING AIRPLANE FLYING THROUGH THE F'ING ARENA when I saw the show.  I don't know how.  I saw the aftermath with the explosion and all, but somehow missed the plane itself.  Halfway through the show I asked one of my friends, who had already seen the show, when the plane was coming and he laughed and told me it happened right at the beginning.  I honestly don't know how the hell I missed it.  I must've been mesmerized and so focused on other things, because I remember watching all the pyro intently I guess I somehow blocked the f'ing plane out.

And yes, I will third the sentiments about people milling around during the show and getting in the way.  I mean I get people going to the concessions and restrooms, but there were people just standing in front of the railings for no reason at all.  Get in your damn seats, or move on!

Me_Wise_Magic

That's some people for ya. I was about to tell these guys that got up a few feet away from me to sit down; but they just wanted to see a little more without getting in the away which was fine then they started throwing the horns and I joined them and we were singing and shouting and the audience gave a thunderous applause. I think I caught the airplane...and if I didn't I caught everything else and got a better view of the backstage stuff since I was so far up; but it was still glorious! I don't want this to be the last of The Wall tour. Roger was working the crowd and had his voice and other shit together and was excited to be there to entertain.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/roger-wa … -20-years/

Looks like Roger will be coming out with a new album in the near future. Maybe a tour with it. big_smile He was on fire when I saw him a couple months back.

Board footer