You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Roger Waters Discussion (NEW ATD vinyl coming!)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Wow. Maybe he'll find it hard to stop after Europe and I can right the wrong of missing him.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I just knew he was lying. 16

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

After the show I saw, I knew the man still had some fire in him to keep going with shows and even record. His voice was in top form. He was working the crowd and seem to be having a blast going through all the different changes throughout the show.  I have nothing but respect for Roger now for giving me such an amazing show and the music he made with Pink Floyd and solo wise. I'm hoping his new solo album, Heartland has some great emotion and depth within in.

Me_Wise_Magic

Thanks to Russ's and a few others recommendations, I finally got around to listening to Amused to Death since I could stream it full on Spotify.

Truly a magnum opus if I ever listened to one. Some powerful song writing, messages, and production. They had some fantastic drum sounds on some of the tracks. An album that rocks, features sound scapes, and makes you think about life. I find music like that truly inspiring and incredible. I found no filler, no song lacking in structure, and everything works without boring the listener.  I would pay money to have him perform this album live or to see The Wall again. I need to buy this album when I get the money saved up pronto! Had to go through some douche bag ads while streaming though.  Totally worth it.

How is Heartland going to compare to this great work? We all know you still got it in you, Mr. Pink Floyd. Keep up the musical genius! Going to listen to his other solo works later tonight or sometime this weekend.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Almost forgot to mention smoke's feedback on the record. Since his old profile pic is the cover art for the album itself. It definitely lived up to the praise you guys were giving it. The real surprise is I don't here alot about this record at all from fans of this type of music, Pink Floyd fans, and other people. This would be the right music to see front to back that's for sure! Hopefully one day he gets around to doing that. Especially with the multimedia and backing band set up he uses for his recent tours. Glad you enjoyed that show overall. If he decides to tour The Wall or a new album some day in the near future (..and in the U.S.) that he pull this album out or a few other cuts from Pink Floyd then that could work. Hopefully he hasn't completely retired from touring.

Thanks for the link brotha. Appreciate it. I may have to pick up this live DVD sometime soon if I can find a way to get my hands on it. So many musical purchases, so little time.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Im gonna have to check Amused To Death out for sure.

Me_Wise_Magic

-D- wrote:

Im gonna have to check Amused To Death out for sure.

Dude..go for it. You won't be disappointed. It's well worth the time spent listening to it. cool

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer