You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

Re: Shooter Jennings

jorge76 wrote:

I until recently had been under the impression that Stargunn had just been a cover band.  I was obviously wrong. 

The "No albums are available for download" in the blurb that Saiken quoted isn't entirely true... if you don't mind doing it illegally.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

I until recently had been under the impression that Stargunn had just been a cover band.  I was obviously wrong. 

The "No albums are available for download" in the blurb that Saikin quoted isn't entirely true... if you don't mind doing it illegally.

Yeah, it should really say "no albums available legally"...

I haven't got around to downloading anything yet.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Saikin wrote:

The more I listen to this album, the more I love it.

I definitely don't like it any less than I did.

The closest thing I have to a complaint is that I'm kind of "over" the fake history of Hierophant.

I think they could have achieved the same effect by having Will O The Wisp just be playing their Black Ribbons album in its entirety for the same reason he's playing cuts from made up albums.

Not a huge complaint, and it has no effect on my thoughts of the music, I just don't think it was necessary.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

The back story and fake albums drew me in.... I'm over it NOW, but in the beginning, it was pretty fucking cool. Still the best album of the year so far...

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

definitely a HUGE GnR influence... listen to that solo.... pure slash

http://www.myspace.com/theofficialstargunnpage

Didn't Shooter do an audition for VR?

I'm listening this album right now. Interesting.

lafayettecopssuck
 Rep: 2 

just hated to see this thread die, this music met me in a dark place and I hate to leave it here.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Never heard of Shooter Jennings until I read this thread but listened to a couple of tracks on you tube last night (this ol wheel and steady at the wheel)

Other than Black Ribbons what other albums does anyone recommend? Prefer more of the rock, less country.

lafayettecopssuck
 Rep: 2 

http://youtu.be/ds9ASmRXnY8

too much power is a bad thing

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Never heard of Shooter Jennings until I read this thread but listened to a couple of tracks on you tube last night (this ol wheel and steady at the wheel)

Other than Black Ribbons what other albums does anyone recommend? Prefer more of the rock, less country.

He's a country artist. "Black Ribbons" was a one off project as of right now. But I'd start with "Put the O back in Country" if you don't dig that you prolly won't dig the other two.

Board footer