You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

Re: Musical Instruments Thread

dr_love6977 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Yeah, I bought it, but forgot to tell. I'm happy with the Taka, it sounds just like you described. The lows could be fatter, but the strings are a bit old, I'd have to change them, but it'd cause a lot of things, and I'm lazy to get that done. (It has 0.13 strings, I wanna change to a bit thinner set, but it could effect the neck/tuning etc.)
The Taka is quite easy to play, the neck is just perfect for me. I haven't played this much for years. I really like it, thanks for the info! 5

My pleasure!

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

Can someone help me out here? I have a Gibson Flying V guitar that needs a neck adjustment. I unscrewed the plastic cover off of the head (the area above the neck where you would use an allen wrench) and there's a strange bolt that I don't know what it is that's in the way. Sorry I don't have a camera to show what I'm trying to  explain but any help is appreciated, thanks.

dr_love6977

dr_love6977 wrote:

An allen head bolt? If so, that is the truss rod.

Mike

Mike wrote:

My bad, a truss rod adjustment is what I meant. I know how to do one, it's just that something is in the way of where you would insert the allen wrench to adjust it. Would it be better if I took it to a professional, what would be the cost of the repair?

dr_love6977

dr_love6977 wrote:

Do you have a camera phone? Take a pic and post it

Mike

Mike wrote:

It's too late now but I'll try using my web cam or cheap digital camera tomorrow.

Mike

Mike wrote:

eio0fl.jpg

Let me know if you need it more clear, I'll try again.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah just looks like the truss rod to me....if you dont know what your doing its prolly better to jsut bring it to a guitar shop..

prolly get it done for $20-$50 depending where you go...dunno though never had mine adjusted, i bought it and it was already set up perfectly for me

dr_love6977

dr_love6977 wrote:

Yeah, that's the truss rod. Was there a special wrench in your case candy?

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Been anti-tube snobbery all my life (have played a great sounding original valvestate 8240 for 15 years, and a Flextone III for the last 2), but a couple of days ago, I found this little clip on the web and I instantly jizzed my pants:

It's the sound I've been looking for, for all these years. One shop in Belgium had the combo in stock (but I wanted the head), so I went over there, tested it for two hours and just ordered the bloody thing (the head) straight away. Tested a Bogner, ENGL, Hughes & Kettner, Mesa Boogie Stiletto, the new Marshall MA head (crap!) and the good old JCM2000 DSL. Nothing came even close to being in the same league (The ENGL Fireball was nice as well, but basically single channel and almost twice as expensive.
Man, 6 12AX7 pre-amp tubes, 2 EL34's, 2 6L6's and a Tube mix knob. Insanely versatile amp this, plenty loud at 65 watts and great looking to boot. Win! wink

So I'm drooling over this picture until I get the call to go and pick it up...
05RenegadeHead_TM412A.jpg

Board footer