You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: DJ Ashba - A Day In The Life

apex-twin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If Axl had done it, everybody would be praising him...

Litmus test.

Biting the security guard in 2006.

Who praised it?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The thing is DJ clearly is inspired by and models himself from bands like old GNR, Motleycrue and that scene. He has the look, the "swagger", he plays in that style, and a lot of his facebook updates talk in the same sort of way.

Now I deeply love those bands, but I'm going to come out and say some of their behaviour isn't always the most socially acceptable. Remember when Izzy took a leak on plane? Ever see slash in the 80s not high or pissed well beyond acceptable standards? In "The Dirt" there's a story where Nikki (from memory) is arrested in Japan for throwing shit in a train that hits a guy in the face. When the cops question him he basicly tells them to go fuck themselves, and it's up to his manager to sweet talk, and use the star power, to keep him out of going to japanese prision.

So i see this incident as a similar rock and roll occurance. Is it defensable on an intellectual level? Probably not, but is it something that happens when rock stars be rock stars. Yep. Overall I can live with it...cos DJ brings the right sound and vibe back to the band, I prefer stuff like this didn't happen, but it's worth it to make the band sound right again. (to me).

I will say though that while rudeness is never justified in hosptiality, I do hope the guy wasn't really fired, just cos like in 3 weeks time, DJ will be on the road somewhere else living it up, or back in LA doing his thing, and this guy will still be living his normal person life in a bar in rio, and maybe looking after his family or whatever. And I think like. While the bar guy was prob a real ass does being an ass to one customer really mean he should have his whole life fucked over? especially when to DJ in a few days the incident is just another fun story to dine out on, not like he's damaged over it.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

As DCK pointed out, it's pretty ironic that he threw a bottle at the guy.

I think its rude to continually go on stage late, if that happens at my concert can I throw bottles at the band then?  I mean my friends will be at the concert and they will also feel disrespected by the late start "for no reason".  Maybe we could also put our foot through some of the equipment there too.

I actually like DJ but he came accross as a total ass in that tweet, not a tough guy or a bad ass rocker.  I would keep an event like that to myself if I were him.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If Axl had done it, everybody would be praising him...

Litmus test.

Biting the security guard in 2006.

Who praised it?

I don't care enough to look, but it wasn't met with much criticism.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

I was a supporter but I've lost great respect for him. That's just childish. I'm disappointed

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

And he refers to himself in the third person. Douche fail. He also spelled "through" "threw." Spelling fail.

Sky Dog wrote:

I have to say....I think DJ is a good player, but I just don't feel it. In the end, he is a Slash stand in...almost a caricature of Slash. Robin was way different and I liked him for that. He wasn't a great guitar player but he was just "different" and added a quirky, loose vibe to the band.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Dj ASHBAâ„¢

Haha, that kills me.

As for the incident, I'm sure all rock stars are assholes. Period. They live on their own planet. Even the rock stars I love have done shit 1,000 times worse than that. Was it a dick move? Yeah. Do I want Robin back in his place? Yeah... Just thought I'd throw that in there. 16

And I think of the Poison thing, too, whenever I see him. Lame. Everything outside this has shown that he seems to be an okay guy. Just generic. That's the only bad thing I can say about him.

If it were Axl who did it no one but the Axlites would be praising him, like I'm sure they're praising DJ right now. Axl would be bashed mercilessly by everyone else.

Board footer