You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: Security Guard at Nirvana show bitch slaps Kurt Cobain

smoke wrote:

Regardless, I think the guard probably had a few nervous moments there as the air cleared.  The crowd didn't sound too happy with him.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The thing is the guard was probably required to pull kurt back to the stage, like it may well have been his job to prevent crowd surfing, or he may have thought kurt wanted to come back to the stage or that dudes in the audience were stopping him come back. I'll grant he's a little rough about reaching for him.....but it's a chaotic enviroment....smashing him with the guitar was a bit out of line from Kurt.

I mean just cos the guy was grabbing at him. Mind you the securty dude then totally lost the plot when he went for payback shot. I love how fast the band comes over when that goes down.

So i sort of think Kurt was in the wrong first, and then the securtiy guy acted even worse by not being the bigger man. But nirvana...great live band back in the day.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Kurt was definately in the  wrong. here's a guy who likely has his best interest in mind just trying to help him get back on stage and Kurt acts like a bitch and hits him with a guitar. I mean he is getting paid to protect the band and control the crowd to a degree. I think Kurt deserved to get his ass kicked and he's lucky that's as far as it went. Yeah maybe the guy was bit rough but he's trying to pull a  human being out of a frenzied crowd back to the stage.

definately cool how fast Dave gets out from behind the kit. I wonder if the guys in Gn'R would have Axl's back that quickly no questions asked?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Don't see how some of you think it's funny or the band deserved it?!

Some meathead bouncer gets his testosterone level out by punching Cobain a few times. I've seen this before, I'm pretty sure there's other clips from the same show where he says it's fall of 91 (right as SLTS was gaining momentum) and says "I thought we were supposed to be big rich rock stars now" due to their shitty ass equipment (notice how Kurt basically only has a distortion pedal). I forget if that's the part that sticks out, or something else, might have done a cover song or something in the other clip.

Anyway, the bouncers an ass. Anyone who's been to a small venue show knows they can be self controlled & policed. Kids just having fun. Don't need some big meathead overstepping his authority like some mallcop with a badge.

Bono

Bono wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Don't see how some of you think it's funny or the band deserved it?!

Some meathead bouncer gets his testosterone level out by punching Cobain a few times. I've seen this before, I'm pretty sure there's other clips from the same show where he says it's fall of 91 (right as SLTS was gaining momentum) and says "I thought we were supposed to be big rich rock stars now" due to their shitty ass equipment (notice how Kurt basically only has a distortion pedal). I forget if that's the part that sticks out, or something else, might have done a cover song or something in the other clip.

Anyway, the bouncers an ass. Anyone who's been to a small venue show knows they can be self controlled & policed. Kids just having fun. Don't need some big meathead overstepping his authority like some mallcop with a badge.

Yeah ok roll  Let us know the next time some punk intentionally smashes you in the face with a  guitar and you don't react accordingly

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Bono wrote:

definately cool how fast Dave gets out from behind the kit. I wonder if the guys in Gn'R would have Axl's back that quickly no questions asked?

Hey, I got an idea... Let's watch the clip where Axl dives into the crowd to punch the fan in the head with the camcorder... or the time where he bailed out on the fans after the metallica fire.

You're in the wrong forum to be calling the singer of Nirvana a bitch or deserved an ass kicking.

Bono

Bono wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Bono wrote:

Hey, I got an idea... Let's watch the clip where Axl dives into the crowd to punch the fan in the head with the camcorder... or the time where he bailed out on the fans after the metallica fire.

You're in the wrong forum to be calling the singer of Nirvana a bitch or deserved an ass kicking.

What the fuck is up your ass?  suddenly I can't have an opinion and suddenly I'm in the wrong forum? Whatever. Never said Kurt was always a bitch, said he acted like a bitch here.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Bottom line is they both acted unprofessionally.

If kurt was pulled back to the stage faster than he wanted after crowd surfing, he could simply have dived in again, there was no need to start hitting the security guy who is doing his job with a guitar. I

Likewise, even if provoked, a professional securty person should NEVER respond out of anger and assult an artist.

They both did the wrong thing.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Exactly.  I'd be surprised (if he ever even gave it a second thought) if even Kurt wouldn't have conceded that he started things down the wrong path.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Bono wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Bono wrote:

What the fuck is up your ass?  suddenly I can't have an opinion and suddenly I'm in the wrong forum? Whatever. Never said Kurt was always a bitch, said he acted like a bitch here.

Nothings up my ass.. I just wonder why some people get a kick out of a 5'7 145 guy get attacked and punched by some moronic meathead. "Me punch Kurt. Me strong"

He's a fucking dickhead. Kurt was the talent, he was getting into the show, he was giving the fans a great time, which is exactly what they wanted. So what he stagedived. That's what he did.

Board footer