You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Security Guard at Nirvana show bitch slaps Kurt Cobain

Axlin16 wrote:

All I know is the security guard took a guitar in the head for doing his job. I don't see where he overreacted, or was in the wrong to go after Kurt.

With that said, i'm not a Cobain fan. Never was. I think the guy was overhyped and far too much of a legend in his own mind. But so is Axl Rose.

I liked Nirvana... I loved Alice In Chains

Just my two cents

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Security Guard at Nirvana show bitch slaps Kurt Cobain

apex-twin wrote:

I have something of a surrogate experience.

Was in a punk-rock show in a squat, sitting down right next to the band with a mate. At one point, he casually asks me whether I'd dare to light the guitarists solid-body electric on fire. I obviously said no. Being the rascal he is, he produced a lighter and held the flame on the neck for a few seconds before he was spotted and got the shit kicked out of himself.

Of course, he was a good sport and shook the guy's hand during the next break. Bottom line, you start doing something you know is going get you in trouble in an electrified situation, you live with the consequences. Of course, the guitar guy wouldn't have had to kick my mate around, even moreso when he was practically defenseless while lying on the floor to begin with. But my mate knew the risks when he got into it.

Board footer