You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: "Ghost" is streaming NOW

misterID wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

Hi folks, not been on for an age, purely because the Axl album didnt even live up to the minor expectations that I might've had. Its a comedy footnote to me and those that like GnR or music in general. Objectively and realistically its a piece of shit that lives off of its's sad reputation and the name thats tied to it.

All I can say personally is, how many of you hum to yourself a piece of shit like Sorry or Rhiad, but not find something like Ghost or Starlight, or even Kid Rock (who I hate) remotely catchy. Slash's songs have been stuck in my head since they came out, Axl's are just comedy banter over a few drinks in the pub.  To me, this Slash album shows who can write a hook, a solo and something that sticks in the brain, and to me that is the sign of a good song. Something that sticks, and emotes rather than something that dies at the same time as the morbid curiousity that surrounds it.

So hes not pushing the envelope, big deal, if you love something, you love it for what it is. If not, go and listen to Shackler's Revenge. I'll give you a week til it gets lame.

Cheers

*fart*

ha, 10 mins back and already someone cant deal with an opinion. Hows Jimbob?

Thanks for the -karma, thats well funny. Pathetic? Cant see anything with my opinion thats pathetic... cheers though.

Nope, I can handle your opinion, just giving a response that matched your opinion.

I didn't give you a negative karma.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Saikin wrote:

But realistically, Cornell is a better songwriter and better vocalist.  Stage presence though, Axl blows him out of the water.  Cornell can't even come close to him there. 

Cornell is a lot more diverse.

i understand were talking preference and opinion here but, as objectively as possible, how can u say cornell is a more diverse vocalist? axl has a much larger range and has many, many more ressies and textures that he uses. cornell has the same head voice and the one scream that he goes back and forth with and can't duplicate his legit voice....EVER.

songwriting is much more subjective, no matter who you prefer and the only objective way to compare is to look at sales and the nod goes to axl for that one but that's not fair cause he had a better band with him in his prime.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
misterID wrote:

*fart*

Thanks for the -karma, thats well funny. Pathetic? Cant see anything with my opinion thats pathetic... cheers though.

Nope, I can handle your opinion, just giving a response that matched your opinion.

No you didnt, in fact the last time I was on here I got the same response and negative karma from the same guy. I guest here almost every day and I havnt seen that guy here since then, so Saudade I tip my hat to your absolute lameness wherever you may be. Its like being spammed. So, apologies for that Mr id.

And thanks for taking the time for replying to my opinion. I was impressed that you quoted the Chinese Democracy album in your response. A true fan. Thanks.

Whoops, wasnt Saudade that gave me neg Karma, I see you can no longer see who did it. So thanks Russ wink. I'll swap you for a guitar tuner.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I disagree with you there, Chris has very vast range. Listen to Spoonman and compare it to Preaching The End Of The World and compare to The Original Fire. Same goes with his songwriting.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

No you didnt, in fact the last time I was on here I got the same response and negative karma from the same guy. I guest here almost every day and I havnt seen that guy here since then, so Saudade I tip my hat to your absolute lameness wherever you may be. Its like being spammed. So, apologies for that Mr id.

And thanks for taking the time for replying to my opinion. I was impressed that you quoted the Chinese Democracy album in your response. A true fan. Thanks.

Well, you did come in acting like an ass, and I did just listen to some of Slash's solo stuff, so I thought it was an appropriate response.

13 19

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Whoops, wasnt Saudade that gave me neg Karma, I see you can no longer see who did it. So thanks Russ wink. I'll swap you for a guitar tuner.

Not sure why you can't see who gave you negative karma, I looked at your karma and it shows Saudade gave you negative karma as you said in the first place.

Uh huh, but then I saw that was like 69 weeks ago or something. Anyways never mind. Its all good, No one is here to score points.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Back on topic, the song is very catch, I love how izzy gets those ac/dc style backing chords going... Fun song!

Board footer